[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whats the cutoff for my car being hackable by the CIA? OBD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So whats the cutoff for my car being hackable by the CIA? OBD? Electric throttle? Automatic? Keyless entry?

I dont want to die on the togue without my own mistakes taking me.
>>
Drive by wire, steer by wire, brake by wire, onstar or similar navigation systems, avoid all this.
>>
>>16793211

This basically just means staying away from higher trims and going for base right? But even then you cant just go for base because now a lot of bases come with that stuff as standard
>>
>>16793215
Just buy an older car, something before like 2006
>>
>>16793215
No, those are standard features that are federally mandated on ALL new cars. Your only option is to buy early-OBDII and older cars.
>>
Probably has something to do with the satnav, get that shit outta there.

They connect to your vehicle by making use of the "internet of things". The latest and soon to be greatest orwell-inspired way to fuck your shit up son, there is mobile internet EVERYWHERE so the jews can track & trace you and do whatever the fuck they want.

-anon
>>
tbf if you're carrying any electronic device, let it be a phone, a camera, or even a high end modern head unit, it can be hacked and data on how you're driving can be fed back. Anything that has some sort of processor can be piggy backed on.

If you're talking about the car itself, then only very recent models with fully drive-by-wire systems are to avoid and AFAIK those are rather rare. OBD is a non issue really, from the computer you can only have limited access to the drive systems as they're still mechanical.

But in any case, most of the hacks require physical access to the car. Just lock it away and you'll be fine.
>>
Now think about this shit.

You avoid smart cars to not get kek'd by the CIA.

They instead track your phone location, work out what car you are in and steer another car into you killing you anyway.
>>
Anything pre OBD2 will be fine.
>>
>>16793358
>He doesn't turn the phone off, remove the battery and put it in his faraday caged glove box
>>
>>16793211

Anything by wire is not inherently hackable unless you have a wireless signal receiver. Which is onstar.

Drive by wire is just like any circuit. If the "controller" is a simple switch, no amount of h4xorz can ever hack it unless the hardware is installed to allow it.
>>
>>16793383

>Implying they still don't see you through millions of back up cameras
>>
>>16793084
Internet connectivity.
>>
>>16794103
meme outside of movies based on how difficult it is to get information shared and the quality is shit tier in nearly all cases. unless you mean completely 100% untraceable by electronics which isn't possible unless you live in a cabin somewhere the .gov doesn't look at with sats.

>>16794146
basically this
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.