[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HID Lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_201.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Where do I get more of these?
can't seem to find em at fuckall
>>
>>16792902

help
>>
>>16792902
Those are LED, not HID.
>>
the internet
>>
Those look like T20 leds

Can you show us what is inside the glass?
>>
File: IMG_204.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_204.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>16793032

Did some research on that name
they look similar to it.

Why did WalMart refuse to change them out then?

They kept insisting they were HID
>>
>>16793053

I do have HID boxes in my car for some reason
I think the front lights are HID but again I have no idea
>>
>>16793053
Because Walmart employs idiots
>>
>>16793053
Definitely LED

Anything written on them?
>>
>>16792902

they are cheap nasty chinese lookin W5W/T10 bulbs which generally last around 2 weeks before overheating and failing

i'd suggest looking for osram LEDriving or Philips x-tremevision LED bulbs because they generally last the life of the car
>>
>>16792902
>Where do I get more of these?
Chinese LED lights can fade on you after a month of usage. What the bright chinese LED lights use is a bunch of individual LED chips. As time goes on, some of the cheap chips burn out. Thus your rear or front lights get dimmer over time.

Chinese lumen ratings are also notoriously off spec since the lumen rating can be the overdriven rating which makes them burn out fast.
>>
File: IMG_208.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_208.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>16794913

Then why did the previous owner use these dumb things?

Also can anyone tell me how I can take this HID bulb out?
The driver side fog light died
>>
>>16795079
>Then why did the previous owner use these dumb things?
Don't ask me to read people's minds. Why he chose to do that is your concern. You are the one that is the closest tot he previous owner, not me.
>>
>>16794913
I got chinese led and they still work after almost 2 years with no probs.
Also ordered 2 more some days ago
>>
>>16795177
>I got chinese led and they still work after almost 2 years with no probs.
In a previous thread, someone had a LED light device which made use of multiple LED chips. After about a month of use, some of the chips no longer lit up. Of course, if you only looked at the overall light device, there was still light coming out of it.

The same analogy holds for cheap LED headlight bulbs. If you examine them closely, you see there are multiple LED chips fastened all over a rod-like structure. It's certainly possible some chips may burn out after some use, but you can't see with the naked eye. You'd have to use some sort of welding glasses to see which chips stopped working since the lights are so bright.
>>
>>16792902
>Where do I get more of these?
There are all sorts of auto shops online that sell replacement LED bulbs.

Just google the bulb ID number followed by LED as the keyword.
>>
What is the point of LED bulbs in reflector housings designed for standard filament bulbs?

It's my understanding this is dangerous as you are blinding oncoming traffic.
>>
>>16795079

can someone still help me out with the fog lights?

do I have to remove this entire cable or is there a way to just remove the bulb?
>>
File: 20170309_143417.png (2MB, 1678x1604px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_143417.png
2MB, 1678x1604px
>>16799856
Long time since I did HID, but I believe the little part marked in the red circle pulls out
>>
File: Capture.png (452KB, 674x656px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
452KB, 674x656px
>>16799904

Thanks for the response but why can't I find a single bulb for sale?

They all come with the cable attached.

just bought this
>>
>>16800341
What're you using as search words?

Are you sure those are the right socket?
>>
>>16793061
Look over your owner's manual in the features section.

In the maintenance section, it should list the replacement bulb type and ID number.
>>
>>16801620

This shit aint stock

>>16800563
I searched HID fog lights [Car Model]
>>
>>16801754
Dude, you've bought a full set of couplings when you only needed the bulb, without even making sure its the right socket or wattage or anything

Take out the old bulb, look at it and find whatever it says. Write it down here and we'll help you find the right bulb
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.