[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can/Should you drift an R35?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: onrails.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
onrails.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
I heard that while you can, you should never deliberately try to drift/powerslide an R35 GTR because you will quickly kill the transfer case or something other within the AWD system. Can any experts confirm or deny this claim?
>>
>>16779467
>transfer case
The R-35 is AWD, not 4WD...
>>
>>16779490
there's a way to make it rwd only.

same with the skyline gtr's, the 32 had a switch, the 33 and 34 required some special shit with the fuses and the 35 requires some computer input to override where it sends power.
>>
>>16779490
They still have tranfer cases you fuck.
>>
>>16779494
To make the transaxle based R-35 a RWD car you would need to deactivate the center differential, wich is some kind of torsen differential as far as I know.

Another way to make it more rear biased instead of RWD would be to programm the ESP to apply the front brakes a bit when you try to drift it.
>>
>>16779496
They have a center differntial, not a tranfer case.
>>
>>16779467
Yes you should. Right into a tree so we never have to look at it again.
>>
>>16779467
the computer control makes it basically impossible to drift at length like an rwd car, but it shouldn't damage anything.

>>16779573
a transfer case with an clutch type electrohydraulic coupling inside it you dumb cunt.
>>
>>16779490
>>16779536
I'm not asking about changing the bias or converting to rwd. You can powerslide most awd performance cars like the evo, sti, and r8 without causing any mechanical issues. I'm asking weather or not powersliding an unmodified gtr will prematurely kill the awd system. I've heard some people say it will, but I couldn't find any evidence support these claims.
>>16779490
>>16779573
Please learn the modern meaning of transfer case and fuck off.
>>
>>16779576
t. assmad GM fangirl
>>
its a high performance car made for lotsa grip
of course you can drift it, but for extended periods of time why abuse the car? its very mean. same goes for any 100k+ car. a 911 turbo can skid with ease but treat it like an s13 at a matsuri and enjoy a big repair bill
>>
>>16779802
>modern meaning
>it's 2016 so lets all adopt dumb americanised terminology
yeah, nah. fuck off
>>
>>16779823
It isnĀ“t 2016 anymore.
>>
>>16779848
>so progressive he even knows what year it is
even worse, thank you for proving my point
>>
>>16779881
>basement dweller upset he forgot it was a new year
lmao
>>
>>16779467
The transfer case uses a wet multiplate clutch to control engagement. As long as you don't spend a ton of time fighting the differentials it's fine. But you can't drift it like an RWD. The transfer case will lock up and pull you out if you stay on the throttle.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.