[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Why are these a thing?
>>
>>16770401
To stop morons with screwdrivers from working on things they know nothing about.
>>
>>16770401
They aren't that bad, as long as your wheel is hub centric and not nigger rigged bullshit, they work perfectly.
>>
>>16770451
In Fiat's case, this applies to the engineers as well.
>>16770401
Europeans don't understand why someone would work on their own car, so they use these and other things to encourage people to bring their car back to the dealer, once the manufacturer stops supplying new parts the car is considered trash any way. Europe is a culture of waste, only the Finns, Irish, Balts, and Slavs (besides Poles) are worthy of salvation.
>>
>>16770451
Those are lug bolts... How would you remove a lug nut with a screw driver.

The, as I said, are lug or wheel bolts. They are used so that a tire 'tech' moron can strip threads in your hub. instead of just fucking up one easily replaced lug stud, you get to replace the entire hub
>>
So that should you damage one they're easy to replace, unlike studs which often need the hubs removing to replace.
>>
>>16770549
>Those are lug bolts... How would you remove a lug nut with a screw driver
The irony is palpable
>>
>>16770562

This

The wheel is supported by the hub anyway. In most cases its just about aligning the holes. Euro Fords use nuts for example and I’ve seen them get stripped before, Opel uses bolts and they tend to be less problematic.
>>
>>16770401
>why are bolts a thing

Probably to fasten things I would imagine.
>>
>>16770596
>Strip nut and stud
>replace cheap nut and stud
>Strip bolt and hub
>Replace cheap bolt and (relatively) expensive hub and bearing

Wow sure bolts are convenient when they are damaged or when they damage the holes.
>>
>>16770596
>The wheel is supported by the hub anyway

What do you think makes the wheel rotate with the hub and brake with the hub without spinning uncontrollably?
>>
personally i prefer bolts, can swap them out for some good quality either 10.9 or grade 12 gold zinc for rust belt regions. its really not that hard to change wheels with bolts (do it with my audi s4 and f-250 work truck with ease). a big plus is that tire jockeys wont be striping studs and the only way you could possibly strip the threds is to be a ass pie and zip them in with a gun without turn in.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.