[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chevy S10 (or other small truck) Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: chevrolet-s10-side.jpg (65KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
chevrolet-s10-side.jpg
65KB, 660x495px
Hey guys, I've never posted here before, so hopefully I am doing this right.

Anyways, I will be buying a truck this week and could use some advise. I'm not too picky, but I plan on getting a 1995 to 2003 model, with 100k to 185k miles (lower the better of course). I'm trying to spend about $3k on it (pretty easy to find em here for that price) and about $1k on the maintenance and any problems it has.

I've already read through the posts here and couldn't find much on the Chevy S10. What's your opinion on the vehicle? What are some common problems I should look out for? Should I buy something else instead, and if so, what do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a small & cheap truck that will hopefully last 2-3 years (or more if I'm lucky).

Thanks for the help guys!
>>
>>16769766
post your local craigslist. 3k is a shit budget.
>>
S-10s have issues
So do all other small trucks, including toyota.
Best small truck ive ever had is a B2600i (before they were fords) but they are getting older.
Just pick whatever you think looks nice and deal with its issues.
>>
>>16769766
Stay away from the Ecotec S10s. Thats about it m8. I had a 94 S10 and I miss it. V6 S10s are hektic.
>>
Here is the Craigslist of S10's. There's a decent selection to choose from.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/search/cta?srchType=T&auto_make_model=s10

Yeah, I know $3k isn't much, but it's enough to buy an old beater. Plus $1k to fix any problems. So I guess $4 budget.
>>
I recommend a Ranger, they made so many you can get parts easily if you have a junkyard nearby.

A lot of the parts are interchangeable with the Explorer as well.

I have a 2.3 Ranger with 200,000 and it still runs great.
Avoid the 3.0 AKA "3.sl0w"

Check for frame rot before you buy.

Be warned, small trucks can easily go for more then they are worth. Nobody makes them any more so all the old ones are in demand.

If you don't want a small truck then just get a F150 or some shit like that.
>>
>>16769795
I'm mostly looking for a small truck, since it's cheaper to buy, cheaper gas, and where I live the insurance is cheaper for smaller trucks (compared to cars and large trucks). The B2600i looks pretty nice, but I didn't see any for sale around here. Thanks for the advice.

>>16769800
Thanks for the advice man. Any particular model/year/style you would recommend?
>>
>>16769828
>Any particular model/year/style you would recommend?

If you dont like sitting nearly straight up get an extended cab and dont get an ecotec. thats all I can think of.
>>
>>16769820

Same line of thought for me with my toyota pickup.

It's what all the gardeners/landscapers use in southern california so pick-your-part is full of them. I was able to pull everything i ever needed.
>>
>>16769820
Yeah, I've heard the Ranger makes a great small truck. For some reason, the insurance on those was higher than the S10's (at least for it was). Also, I haven't had much luck finding ones I like in my price range, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for one.

>>16769840
True. I'm pretty tall, so that might also be a problem. Thanks again.
>>
File: 5796980001_large.jpg (78KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
5796980001_large.jpg
78KB, 575x431px
For power I'd recommend the s-10 with the 4.3 for reliability and parts of go with Toyota pickup which IMO is also the best for offroading if you're into that. I have the 3.0 Toyota pickup like the picture and it runs great and is a beast off-road.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.