[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I make bad decisions: The Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: o tard peeps.png (787KB, 1054x1068px) Image search: [Google]
o tard peeps.png
787KB, 1054x1068px
I just registered for Hotrod's Drag Week in my bone stock '84 Civic DX hatchback with all the California emissions goodies.

I now will have to road trip it from California to the midwest to get to the race.

Anybody else going?
>>
>>16769747
Just do a few simple mods before you leave
>>
>>16769755
>few mods
nyet comrade, shall stay completely stock so I can be autistic
>>
>>16771383
>Paid 415$
>Drives way out to the Midwest
>Refuses putting on mods
>Just to be autistic
nah m8 I think you're a full blown retard. Coulda just went to your local supermarket if you wanted to show off how much of an autistic fuck you are
>>
>>16771429
I just think it'll be fun to drive the slowest possible car the near farthest distance to go to places where you're supposed to go as fast as possible.

this car will never be that fast, it just doesn't have the capability to do it. Even with a ZC swap and five speed, maybe even a turbo, this thing would never break lower than 12's.

Because of that, I want to just run it because I can. It should get through the entire week as well, and it won't cost me much either which is nice as a college student. The only thing I need to worry about is slicks, which are about $300 (which is what the fuel cost for this trip is gonna be)

Here are the slicks I have to run: http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Racemaster-Drag-Slicks/8.0-22.0-13
>>
>>16771710
If you can't do a burnout don't run slicks, just drive around the waterbox.
>>
>>16771720
they won't let you run unless you have slicks. Period.
>>
>>16771755
But why?
>>
>>16772063
Because when you have 350 cars running almost non-stop all day and a solid 2/3rds of them have street tires, your burnout box gets beat to shit, and the tracks did *not* like that.

So, Hotrod requires that all drive wheels on your vehicle have drag slicks, drag radials, or DOT approved drag compound street tires.

It's stupid, but it is what it is.
>>
>>16769747
I almost want to drive out there myself just to see you OP. This looks like a fun time.
>>
>>16774524
Go for it, and if you go, record it. I'd be keen to see /o/ represented at a drag, shitbox style.
>>
>>16771710
I got you, man. Remember this game plan:
Most of the cars there will be American V8s...slow pieces of shit...you can smoke the fuck out of those in that '84 with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

You'll be making 137 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

Jokes aside, good luck dude. Above all, as long as you're having fun, it's all good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.