[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do these things actually work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 91ipuj9K1UL._SL1500_.jpg (437KB, 1500x1172px) Image search: [Google]
91ipuj9K1UL._SL1500_.jpg
437KB, 1500x1172px
eco-blug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QahzI14P1vE
>>
>>16769201

Fuck that bs, if I'm dropping the pan I'm retapping the hole for a larger plug.

If I wanted that quick drain feature I'd just use a fumoto valve after I fixed the threads.
>>
>>16769236

from what i've seen in youtube videos, you don't have to drop the pan to install these.

i'd just like to know if i'm buying snake oil or not. the videos and reviews i've seen are pretty convincing, but it'd be nice to have /o/'s blessing
>>
>>16769201
The hell is the point of this? Just some kind of replacement plug that is easy to use?

Maybe if quick lube places didn't torque them with an impact wrench, they'd stop having to fix them when they split like a toothpick.
>>
>>16769270

I'd rather do it right it the first time then have to go back and fix it once this thing inevitably fails.
>>
>>16769290
i think the thought process is that there aren't any threads to strip so it shouldn't ever fail

anything has to be better than those god awful oversized plugs

>>16769298
well the original drain bolt failed me after 10 years, then the oversized bolt failed me after 3 oil changes
>>
>>16769201
this shit looks like a fucking gimmick. $15 for a sketchy plug? A brand new pan for my car is $80 and probably a bit less at a parts yard. Id just get another pan.
>>
>>16769615
yeah, i think i'll just pick up a new oil pan.
thanks yall
>>
>>16769326

Just weld a nut over the hole on the outside and use that.
>>
"stop installing these"

Do people replace their drain plug over and over?

Wtf?

Fumoto!
>>
File: 1488225007730.jpg (23KB, 385x435px) Image search: [Google]
1488225007730.jpg
23KB, 385x435px
>>16769201
holy fuck.

Anyone who's ever drained oil is aware that the oil literally never stops dripping. How are you going to apply epoxy to stepped thread (fucking butchery btw) onto oil pan threads that are always covered in oil? You'd be better off with one of those fumomoto garbage valves.

Ford drain plugs suck ass btw, they always leak and deform. I've got the original Honda drain plug on my dad's car, replace the gasket every time and you're good to go.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.