[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning gentlemen, Have a question for you. As I was intending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Morning gentlemen,

Have a question for you.

As I was intending to get a smog the other day, my car battery had died. Got it replaced, but apparently my emission data had been wiped from the system. I was told I would have to drive it around "a bit" before the data could be generated again so I can actually get my smog... but how far is "a bit" exactly? 50 miles? 100 miles? 200 miles?

Thanks.
>>
The fact that they can make you do that is disgusting
>>
10 miles or so.

>>16768990
Do you have any idea how a self adjusting ECU works?
>>
>>16768998
he's talking about the smog test retard
>>
>>16768976
About 10 to 20 miles, however long it takes for the Catalytic converter and O2 sensors to heat up and generate some reliable data.

Just go do some highway cruising.
>>
>>16768976
up and down the highway ~50 miles total is what I have to do with my Mustang (it sits a lot). Most was ~400 on a Cobalt I replaced the fuel line on. Fucker refused to register the evap sensor for a week or two.
>>
Google OBD2 drive cycle. It should tell you how to set the emission monitors quickly.
>>
It can depend on the vehicle what conditions are needed to compete the readiness monitors. The hard ones are EGR and EVAP.

Egr will take some highway cruising, at least 55mph for a few minutes, then a coast to stop (such as an offramp) and stopping in gear for a minute or two.

Evap on the other hand cannot ready itself with a full tank, actually I think it has to be less than half. It will also need to sit overnight to complete this cycle.

Check your local laws as you are usually aloud to have one or two readiness monitor not complete for testing. This is to unsure grandma can still get her inspection even though it takes her a month to burn a half tank of gas and never goes on the highway.

I'm just glad I don't live somewhere with emission testing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.