[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this long Toyota Camry actually reliable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Lexus-LS460-(2).jpg (52KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus-LS460-(2).jpg
52KB, 640x416px
Hey /o/,
looking for a soft, quiet, smooth, large, RELIABLE (lol) used car. for the budget in UK i'm faced with a choice between ls430(restyle) and ls460.
There is a better choice of ls430 for the money and most of them are low milage, and a few ls460 around 100k miles.
my question is how reliable is that ls460, or should i just stfu and get an older ls430? also suggestions for cars that will fit the criteria? under £10k
>>
I'd check for a noisy brake actuator and leaking water pump. I'd avoid it if it has air suspension.
>>
>>16764895
LS430 with normal suspension will be best.
>>
Avoid the air suspension and you should have a comfy pupper for years to come. Mark Levinson stereo ftw
>>
>>16764895
I was thinking about getting one of these with 90k for around $20k from carmax and I was wondering the same thing. It's the same price as a new corolla and it has massaging seats.

I'm not a fan of the way the 430 looks, the 460 is nice though.
https://www.carmax.com/car/13824789
>>
>>16767155

Just get a lightly used, newer Avalon for that money.
>>
>>16767166
I'd actually prefer a toyota, I'm not a fan of cars that have to announce to the world their luxurious, but the LS is a lot bigger and it has a V8.
>>
File: 1488022522565.jpg (311KB, 1280x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1488022522565.jpg
311KB, 1280x1112px
i have heard these have a LOT of issues with random wind noise coming into the cabin, and the dealerships being unable to fix them and claiming the issue doesn't exist.
be careful.
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-03_23-03-17.png (263KB, 772x959px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-03_23-03-17.png
263KB, 772x959px
>>16767197

proof of what im talking about except for that shady youtube video
>>
>>16767188

A V8 you'll never use to its fullest because you'll be driving a huge boat car.

I enjoy the Avalon Hybrid quite a bit, my grandpa bought a 2016 used for a shade under $25000 with 10k miles on the clock. Don't fall for the "muh V8" meme.
>>
>>16767205
>a huge boat car
I want a huge boat car tho

Gf drives a new impala and I love the size of it. Pretty sure an LS is even bigger
>>
>>16767166
No. Get the LS.

Like many things in the car or luxury world....You will not understand it until you drive it. There is simply not anything on the road that will be feel as smooth, or as solid as a Lexus LS (aside from a few perfectly mantained modern-classic Mercedes Benz or RR models.)

I drive an 04 LS430 with 60k miles on it. My wife has an 11 RX350. Her mom has a new ES350. My dad drives a 2012 Avalon. We used to own the giant kraut cars, but gave up on them. All of the Lexus cars and the Avalon drive amazing. The ES350 is a camry on prom night, but a very exclusive debutante ball prom night. But the old ass LS430 that I drive absolutely blows all of the other yotas away.

The later LS400 and the 04-06 LS430 are the best cars that Toyota (the "best" car manufacturer ever) had ever built.

Now is the time to take advantage of the depreciation curve and get into a late LS430 or early LS460.

Many early LS460 owners ended up regreting, or trading back into a 430. Go to the lexus forums and read up. Of course this was in 2010-2012 and lux autos were just starting to become fully technologically integrated. After 2012 things are a different story, and it is hard to compare the newer cars because of all of the connectivity and driving aids. My 430 has all of the modern driving aids like radar cruise control, parking sensors, back up camera, nav, etc, but it is not as well integrated as on the new cars. So if I drive the ES350, or even the 11 RX350, this car does feel decidedly dated, but the experience is still incomparable.
>>
>>16767433
What's the maintenance and repair like on it?
>>
>>16767485
LS430 needs a timing belt every 100k miles or 10 years. Thats the big one.

Outside of that, normal jap car stuff. Oil every 6k, trans flush Idk every 12-15k?, use OEM pads and rotors (nice big brakes btw), and use good American or French tires like Bridgestone or Michilin. Coolant flush when manual calls for it, etc.

The 4.3L V8 is very closely related to the motor that is in Toyota trucks and SUVs, so it's not some fancy luxury engine. A lot of the suspension parts and other little wear bits are shared with Toyota truck parts if you do your cross ref.

I have the Toyota dealer do the maint on mine. I'll have Lexus do the timing belt, or if anything big creeps up. But really the consensus among owners is that you just treat it like a big Camry, and don't be a cheap fuck going to Firestone, Sears Auto, etc, and whatever moderate premium you do pay for OEM parts, etc, is a wise investment in a car that will treat you very well as long as you don't be a stupid cheap fuck when it does require basic, and very moderate maint.

There are some weird electrical things that can go like the door closing actuators. (so close the door like any other car then), the Nav/Stereo system can fuck up on the earlier cars or from hot climates ($3k dealer fix, but you can get pick-a-pull, ebay, or now some places rebuild them for like $500 or so), gas struts on the trunk seem to fail a lot (who cares, it's cheap OEM is like $70 to fix).
The last thing to watch for is the "Ultra Luxury" option. This gave you air shocks. Great ride, but they WILL leak. Dealer fix is stupid expensive. Nobody ever does it. You can get aftermarket or rebuilt gas shocks for 1/3 of the cost of dealer. Or you can convert to a normal spring suspension for even less money. But why go through all that shit? You DO get some other goodies with the ultra lux (refridgerator in the rear seats, rear entertainment package, laminated glass to make it even more quiet, and rear side sunshades).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.