[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're opinion on mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 7355363306_e0ca348ab9_b.jpg (394KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
7355363306_e0ca348ab9_b.jpg
394KB, 1024x658px
I'm looking into buying this 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Dark Red on Red - 80k miles - One owner - No special package just the basic 190hp engine.

My question is: - I own a 1993 BMW 525i M50 which also has 190hp and I think its kind of slow so what is the ideal hp output for a 4.6? 225?250? Its supposed to be a daily driver so I'm not looking into race car mods or anything like that. Maybe a dual exhaust will be enough?
>>
*your
>>
File: Vm33YZP1.jpg (3MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Vm33YZP1.jpg
3MB, 3000x2250px
Factory duals will take you from 190 to 210 (again factory rated)

91-95 4.6's have shitty valve stem seals and all burn oil. Expect a lovely puff every time you accelerate from a stop.

Honestly, it's not worth modding the early 4.6's, the all aluminum intakes don't have the cracking problems that plague the early plastic ones with the plastic crossover, but they don't make much in the power department. Wouldn't be surprised if it has clogged EGR passages, another common trait of the 91-95's.

If your looking for a reliable DD, it's not a bad choice, but it will never be not slow. If you live in the salt belt, check the frame out good, especially the passenger side bulkhead,they all rot out bad there.

I've owned two bastard block 92's, and both have made great, if not boring DD's.
>>
>>16760990
I've test driven the car and there was no smoke. The only thing I noticed was a click coming from the engine bay when the car was cold, maybe it was the air suspension compressor?

The car belonged to an old gentleman who really kept it pristine. The car spent the majority of its life in a garage in a very dry area. I live by the ocean. By DD I mean doing like 30-40 miles/week.

The thing is I really like these old school cars.Body-on-frame, bench seat, column shifter V8 cars and this is the only one close enough to me that I can afford.
>>
>>16761141
could be timing chain guides
>>
File: 8kL7uid.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
8kL7uid.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>16761141
Their not bad cars by any means. I've owned more panthers then probably anyone else on /o/, and for better or worse, I'll probably keep buying them.

Again, shitty valve stem seals, sooner or later they will appear. My first 92 had 130k on it, burned a quart every 200 miles.
My second 92 only has 55k on it, hardly burns anything, yet.

If it's clean and drives nice, and the price is right, I wouldn't turn it away. It's honesty not worth modding though. Throw a dual exhaust on it, and enjoy it for what it is, an ancient BOF, RWD, V8 dinosaur.

I paid $500 for my second 92, one owner, 55k miles on it, fairly clean for a northern car, drove it for a few years, and will probably demo it this year.
>>
>>16761164
>>16761178
Thank you both. I'm going to look into it.

The other option I have in terms of old V8s is this 1976 Plymouth Fury with the Deluxe package or something that has been sitting for quite some time at this nearby car shop. The shop owner bought it to turn it into a cop car but never went ahead with it and now wants to sell it. Is it worth it?
>>
>>16760949
If you want okay power I'd get an ex cop crown vic desu
>>
>>16761254
The ex cop crown vics have about 250 horsepower and lower axle gearing for better acceleration
>>
>>16761254
>>16761262
Unfortunately the only cop cars sold around here are usually beat up Impalas or Tahoes. The last P71 Crown Vic I saw for sale had 250k miles and it looked completely beat up. I believe it was a 98 or 99 and it was in service until the sale, so late 2016.
>>
panther thread?
panther thread
>>
>>16760949
Don't mod anything
>>
>>16760949
God, you fucking idiots don't know a god damn thing. You aren't going to make your shitbox faster. You're concept of "mods" is Need-for-Speed tier faggotry and I hate all of you. I swear you have to all be niggers to be this stupid.

Can't even fucking sage on this fucking worthless board.
>>
File: CeVo6ohWEAAY3CG.jpg large.jpg (19KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
CeVo6ohWEAAY3CG.jpg large.jpg
19KB, 700x535px
>>16760990
YOU DON'T GAIN 20HP FROM EXHAUST YOU FUCKING IDIOT. THIS ISN'T GRAN TURISMO.
>>
How the fuck does a 4.6L v8 put out only 190hp?
>>
>>16763173
You're right, this is Gran Autismo
>>
>>16763333
check'd and kek'd
>>
>>16763333
Quads have spoken.
>>
>>16763253
How does a 5.0 Windsor in a 2001 explorer make only 215 HP?

Being very mildly tuned and not nearly at its potential for longevitys sake.

But really these were the earliest and shittiest examples of the 4.6 of course they represented the lowest power stock.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.