[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your "other" car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: ford-escape.jpg (30KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
ford-escape.jpg
30KB, 400x250px
Not your DD, not your shitbox, not your truck, but the other car. The one you never talk about here.

What do you like about it? What do you use it for?

Mine's a 2010 escape 4 cyl. It gets groceries and takes the kids to school. It's my first ford, but I'm actually quite surprised with the quality. 100K miles and it still runs great looks clean. The 6F35 transaxle is shit and I have to feed it 5 quarts of mercon LV every 10K miles, but that's about it.
>>
uber everywhere bitch
>>
I guess that would be my service van. Chevy Astro cargo.

I use it for low voltage work (mainly fire alarm). It hauls everything from my tools to ladders, to pipe, to benders, etc. It is company property, but I keep it in my driveway (I prefer it that way).

I like driving a work van in general. It's old and worn, but I can't complain much. Pic related is NOT my van, but looks like it.
>>
File: IMG_0801.jpg (578KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
578KB, 1080x1920px
A 1965 Mustang

I don't drive it because I don't enjoy driving it.
>manual steering with smaller wheel
>manual brakes with drums at all 4 corners
>automatic transmission

I just want to sell it
>>
>>16760563
Also got an Escape. 2011, XLT, fully optioned. 85k on the dash, bought it for $5k (around half of blue book IIRC) after my mechanic looked it over and couldn't find any problems. Didn't really need it but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Totally worth it. Pretty comfy, back seat big enough to be comfortable for adults on long drives. Holds a lot of shit. Decent mileage for an SUV and I'm not afraid to put serious mileage on it (taking it on a 1200 mile trip in a couple months, not stressing at all about gas, maintenance, reliability, or decreasing its value)
>>
File: DSC_5643.jpg (2MB, 3500x2342px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5643.jpg
2MB, 3500x2342px
>>16760563
Leaking fluid? If so LF cv shaft bushing is toast and it's leaking past the axle seal. I've done more than I care to count, easy gravy work at least.

I never talk about my dakota. It's an 01, 4.7, 5sp, 4x4, kinda neat. Also a pos Chrysler, entire front end was wasted at 80k, now the rear end is shot and the clear is falling off. Still can't bring myself to part with it, so it just sits forever in the garage.
>>
96' Toyota Camry le. Enough miles to go the the moon and back but it still drives like new. The a/c is also probably one of the most overpowered components of the car. It can be 107° outside in the hot Texas summer, and I'll still bring a jacket into that thing. 225 HP and 6 speed automatic with overdrive. But it accelerates like a snail with the accelerator cable being shot a little. It's kinda loose so it doesn't actually get full gas anymore
>>
>>16760689
no it's not leaking. it just deteriorates the fluid real quick (by design, thanks ford/gm), so I have to drain/fill every 10k. Otherwise the torque converter begins to slip and shudder. I'm not too worried, as these are very common issues and mitigates with routine maintenance.
>>
>>16760663
Where and how much?
>>
>>16760958
$10K and South Carolina
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.