[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really ever have to change my oil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1987skisube.jpg (59KB, 800x409px) Image search: [Google]
1987skisube.jpg
59KB, 800x409px
My EA82 Subaru uses about a quart a week (oil pan gasket leak, motor mostly resealed) if I'm not driving a whole lot, I check the oil every time I drive it and it's always very clean and light in color.

Since I'm constantly refreshing the oil, should I really ever have to change it?

I'm autismo about proper maintenance so this is just a hypothetical Q, I'll probably change it at 3k like the cuck I am
>>
not really? although crap is gonna build up, and you're probably not leaking that at the rate you're leaking oil, if at all.

and even then, oil filters dont last forever

fix the fucking leak
>>
Fix the leak you lazy fuck.
>>
>>16757654
You'll need to change the filter, and you can't do that with oil still in the engine.
Have you considered fixing the leak?
>>
>>16757654
>autismo about proper maintenance
>doesn't fix an oil leak
>>
>>16757674
>>16757677
>>16757693
>>16757723
pls no bully

apt complex Nazis will fuck with me if I work on my car and I don't have anywhere else to + poorfag

Previous owner had all new seals and gaskets put in the motor (with receipts for work), i guess they left the oil pan alone bc it looked fine or something and I'm too poor atm to fix it, it developed after the reseal apparently

still uses less oil than most EA Subarus de$u

was p blazed XD when I made the thread DUDE
forgot about the oil filter
>>
>>16757973
Find somewhere to do it. Oil leaks are expensive, messy, and get old fast.
You still need to change the filters, and still can't do that with oil in the engine, because the oil will cease to be in the engine once you loose the filter.
>>
>>16757654
Change your oil. Don't fall for the muh extended oil change meme.
>>
>>16757654
>Since I'm constantly refreshing the oil, should I really ever have to change it?
You still need to open the oil drain plug occasionally to let any gathered sediment come out of the bottom of the engine. Because all the oil drains out, you end up having an oil and filter change at that time.
>>
>>16757654
Nope, know a old guy who installed the frantz toilet paper roll oil filters. drove hundreds of thousands of miles on all his cars trucks with them never changed the oil. Worked for him your results may vary.
>>
>>16757973
>too poor to fix oil leak
>dude I'm pretty blazed XD

What the fuck is wrong with you? Stop pissing away money on drugs
>>
>>16757973
you're still fucked up aren't you
>>
>>16757654
No. I ran my Integra like this for years.
>>
>>16757654
Change it and the filter every ten thousand. Or fix the gasket. It's not hard to do yourself in most cases.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.