[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clutch Fork????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: deeperfuschia.jpg (171KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
deeperfuschia.jpg
171KB, 1000x666px
Hey /o/,

Just recently picked up a 95 240sx, and so far have run into a bit of a problem. Initially, the clutch wouldn't engage at all, and was stuck in the up position no matter how much force i used (its an exedy stage 3). I drained the fluid and saw barely any fluid come out, and I also removed the slave cylinder to examine. When i pulled the slave cylinder out, the clutch fork popped forward, as if the clutch had been engaged the whole time. Now I can"t move the clutch fork hardly at all with my hands, so I'm wondering if the clutch/flywheel/pp was put on incorrectly or if this is normal and I just need to put in the correct amount of clutch fluid and properly bleed the system?

tl;dr should the clutch fork on a stage 3 clutch be movable by hand?

pic barely related
>>
>>16755450
If you move the clutch fork, does the gear stick move? Or likewise if you move the fork does the clutch pedal respond?

The fork should ideally be still and hold itself in place because if your in gear the clutch is not engages and the clutch should just sit there until you engage it again

Is your clutch by wire or by a hydraulic pump?
>>
>>16755468
It was only me out there so I couldn't tell you if anything moved. It is a hydraulic clutch as well.

I had thought i could apply enough force with my hands to move it even a little bit, but it didnt budge nearly at all.
>>
Helpless self bump
>>
>>16755450
>240sx with issues
Shocking
>>
>>16755572
Any car will have issues, to be honest this one is slight in comparison with other 240s
>>
>>16755488
no, you won't be able to move the clutch fork by hand. Throw the slave cylinder back on there and bleed the shit out of it. If you drained the master cylinder, it may take some serious pumping because they system is completely dry.

There is a spring on the fork that holds it to the pivot ball inside the bell housing. If that's in place, the fork should not have fallen off.

If you bought someone's project and you're not 100% sure they put it together right, time to pull the tranny and double-check everything before you break it even more.
>>
File: 30537-rs540.jpg (38KB, 465x373px) Image search: [Google]
30537-rs540.jpg
38KB, 465x373px
Also, "stage 3" sounds like a pretty heavy clutch. These cars are known to have weak clutch pivot balls. It's very likely that it broke under the added stress of an aftermarket clutch.
>>
>>16755615
Thanks for the input, I'll ask the guy who did the install and how. I'll probably have to end up completely refilling the system and bleeding it to hell. Hopefully this guy didn't fuck it all up because he literally left the old clutch on the ground to rust away
>>
>>16755624
Will take that into consideration if anything else goes awry

What exactly would a bad pivot ball sound/act like? I've never had one go out on me
>>
>>16755655
Unfortunately sounds like the symptoms you described. Unresponsive clutch pedal. I've never had one fail either in the 6 similar Nissans I've owned. Then again, I didn't run crazy clutches on them.
>>
>>16755688
Looked more into it, doesn't seem like too difficult of a job so I may go ahead and get a reinforced one just for good measure. Thanks for the input
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.