[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VW Beetle as a "project car"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: bug.jpg (8KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
8KB, 400x200px
So yeah my aunt is dead set on junking her 04 Beetle because it's "junked". It's got just under 100k miles on it and apparently runs fairly well. Problems being...

>Electronics fucked up all over. Passenger window won't go down, dead dash lights, minor inconvenient shit like that
>Needs new headlamp/hood after minor accident
>Leaks coolant
>(maybe)Has a dying alternator
>Needs new brakes because she has NEVER SERVICED THE BRAKES ON IT

As far as I can tell there's nothing severely wrong with it and I've been looking for a new "project car" to fuck with this spring/summer. Are these things really as awful as I've been lead to believe? I really just want something I can go full retard on with custom work and shes willing to sell it to me for $400.
>>
The most pain in the ass thing will be the instrument cluster and window. Everything else is regular maintenance.
>>
>>16748969
Don't bother. Even if you fix it it'll still look like it's been beat to shit so you won't get a good roi when it's time to sell.
>>
>>16748969
>Are these things really as awful as I've been lead to believe?
No. It's just a MK4 VW Golf/Jetta with a different body. Also, tons of fucking headroom. Jeremy Clarkson is 6'5 and had no trouble fitting in it. In fact, with the seat all the way back, he couldn't reach the pedals.
>I really just want something I can go full retard on with custom work and shes willing to sell it to me for $400.
Do it. I'm assuming it's the 2.slow. There are supercharger kits from Neuspeed if you want it. Personally, I'd do a 16V conversion or a 20/20 conversion.

If it's the turbo, you can go full retard on that thing.

They're fun cars. The reason people shit on them is because it's so feminine looking.
>>
File: 1448946033049.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448946033049.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>16748969
>under 100k miles
>>Electronics fucked up all over. Passenger window won't go down, dead dash lights, minor inconvenient shit like that
>Needs new headlamp/hood after minor accident
>Leaks coolant
>(maybe)Has a dying alternator

inb4 some vw fag defends this shit.
>>
>>16748988
>>16748988
>Even if you fix it it'll still look like it's been beat to shit so you won't get a good roi

Not even a concern. I plan on fucking this thing up hard with dumb ass custom work and experiments.
>>
If it's anything but a 2 liter, they can be entertaining shitboxs. The 2 liter on the other hand is only good for moderately reliable transportation, they are slow and get crappy mileage, especially with the auto, and while you can buy some go fast parts, you'll wind up dumping thousands of dollars into it to make less than 200 horsepower
>>
>>16749046
be a responsible adult and don't waste your fucking money.
>>
>>16749102
Fuck you. If I want a car to fuck around with tinting/painting methods while welding custom shit onto the body I'm going to do it. Might even rip out the back and turn it into a tailgating counsel.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.