[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Saab 9-2X Aero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2005-Saab-9-2X-Aero-Lake.jpg (116KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
2005-Saab-9-2X-Aero-Lake.jpg
116KB, 1024x723px
Thoughts on the Saab 9-2X Aero?
>>
>>16747788
It's literally a Subaru Impreza. Except they crossed out "Impreza" and wrote "Saab" in in crayon.
>>
>>16747788
Never been in one, but I imagine it's a little nicer inside
>>
>>16747788
It's a WRX without any of the downsides of owning a WRX. They're kinda hard to find in stick though.
>>
2 rare.

If you do find an Aero, they've more than likely spent most of their time in the rust belt.
>>
>>16747788
Only Saab worth owning
>>
>>16747788
wrx impreza without the vape tax. good car in all reality given you can find one unabused. Just don't buy the Linear, it's shit compared to the Aero
>>
>>16747854

What were the upsides of owning a WRX exactly?

>>16747983
Except you're wrong, everybody knows about it now and every single last CL posting will have "SAABARU" written in it because it's no big secret. The vape tax still applies.
>>
>>16748154
>What were the upsides of owning a WRX exactly?
Having a year round fun car in places where it snows.
>>
>>16748154
Yep, pretty much. I bought one over the weekend, flew down to Florida to buy it (pic in >>16748454 ) and was extremely lucky to buy it. I even feel guilty driving it in the snow next winter. Paint is a little faded and it hasn't had any maintenance in 100k miles (needs timing belt/water pump, shifter bushings, leaking oil return line, broken AC), but its bone stock, manual, and still feels tight, quiet, and solid.

Its a WRX Wagon with more sound deadening (good), different seats (leather or cloth with linen inserts), automatic climate control and the rack from a STi (best part, its insanely quick with tons of feedback, 2.6 turns lock to lock). Different bumpers and lights too, otherwise identical to a WRX.

I've had a bunch of cars, and its has to be one of my favorites. I got 24-27mpg @ 75-90mph the way back, fit 6 bags picking my mom up from the airport in the back (and slept in there on the drive back), it understeers a bit but grips hard, and once the turbo boosts up its quick (kinda laggy). Very comfortable too, quiet and stock suspension is soft.

I love it, and I get the WRX meem and why people love them so much, one of the few cars that can "do it all". I wouldn't pay $8000 for one, but $5000 is still reasonable.
>>
>>16747788
Best used car deal since the Pontiac Vibe (actually a rebadged Toyota Matrix).
>>
>>16748503

$4000 is a great price, but of course it had a catch. Still, better than I did. $5400 for 160k miles w/60k on the engine and $1000 (retail) worth of audio shit I immediately sold on Craigslist for $500.

WRX is fucking sick, but premium gas is retarded right now and I don't understand why regular is $1.89 at walmart but the 93 octane is fucking $2.89. It isn't much better elsewhere nearby.
>>
>>16748574

Yeah, mine needs a few things. Biggest ones being issues mentioned above (timing belt/water pump, broken A/C, oil leak) + paint being kinda faded on the front end and absolutely fucked on the plastics since it was a Florida car. But its rust free, tight, quiet, and bone stock.

I really like this car, I can see why people love them too. Its not the fastest but its fun.

Mine is staying bone stock, I already have a E36 M3 as a fun car and these cars from what I could tell absolutely fall apart once you get a aftermarket turbo and romp the shit out of it, its already 100whp over stock with something like a STI VF34/39 + full exhaust and mind you a same year STi has a ton of changes just to handle 75hp more at the crank (and more importantly the abuse Subaru expected a STi to take).

Most I'll do is a STI/aftermarket uppipe (delete pre-cat), and silicone turbo inlet (so it doesn't lean out), maybe a set of STi pinks and bigger rear swaybar if I find them cheap used or a retune.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.