[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Auto to Manual swap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0259.jpg (107KB, 568x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
107KB, 568x514px
Sup br/o/s I drive a Saab 95 2.3L with an autotragic. I love the car and want it in a 5 speed. I know the easiest solution is to buy one but first of all I live in Canada and there so fucking rare to see and when you do see one it's best to shit and auto. Second of all I just got a speeding ticket and want to talk to my insurance company as little as possible. So would it be easiest to buy a donor car and just swap everything or to buy a 5 speed transmission and swap them. What would I need from the donor other than trans ecu and pedal box?
>>
>>16747733
for one thing, this job is clearly not feasible for you to do, and for another, a saab 95 is still going to be a shitbox with a manual
>>
>>16747733
seems like a whole lot of work for absolutely nothing you shouldnt swap unless your auto trans shit the bed. but even then I'd just buy a new car with a manual
>>
>>16747733
On top of this, if you swap it to manual without telling your insurance company, good luck trying to get any money out of them when you claim.
>>
There would be no reason to do a manual swap.

Literally just buy a manual car.
>>
>>16747748
I don't remember telling them it was auto in the first place but I don't plan on making any claims with this car because I only carry liability.
>>
>>16747753
True but every car that sparks interest in me has some stupid meme tax on it adding an extra 2k to the price
>>
>>16747753
You first :^)
>>
>>16747803
Or it's a rusted out shit box with 300000km
>>
File: 1251984254076.jpg (2KB, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
1251984254076.jpg
2KB, 120x126px
>>16747748
>current year
>having shitbox coverage when they'll just total it because it's an old car
>>
>>16747809
ok?
>>
>>16747797
>I don't remember telling them it was auto in the first place

You don't have to, the vin number tells them everything about the car.
>>
>>16747874
Oh yea sorry I'm retarded
>>
>>16747879
we already knew that
>>
i think anything would be better than a saab 95
even a mustang

except for bikes
>>
>>16747733
All that work so you can just play with a stick and get peoples approval

go fuck yourself
>>
>>16747962
Other people's approval lol if I wanted that I wouldn't have bought a Saab. Yea it's dumb to want to do this but I'm going to school for mechanics so I look at it as learning opportunity
>>
File: 95.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16747733
just bide your time and just wait for one with a manual transmission, in my experience it's worth it.

then keep the other saab so you have 2 of them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.