[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abarth Review/ Fiat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 45516.jpg (692KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
45516.jpg
692KB, 2048x1365px
I bought a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth last weekend with 64k miles with some nice options for $9999.

I wanted to give a first week impression of the vehicle, so here it is:

It has a "sporty ride", which means uncomfortable over larger bumps, but fine on smoother roads.

Layout of some of the interior buttons is kinda weird at first, but you get use to them.

Exterior looks great to me (subjective), and the exhaust sounds pretty cool (a bit loud tho) at startup and when you give it some gas (that intake noise is nice too)

I can fit perfectly in the driver seat, but being 6'2", that means not many people can fit behind me. However, the rear seat isn't a terrible place to be if you're on the smaller side.

Cargo room is surprisingly good for a car that looks so small after you lower the rear seats, but not terrible with the rear seats up.

No spare tire, or under-floor rear storage cubby. I'm kind of annoyed by this, but I guess I'll live (USAA provides me with towing)

Mpg's are great, even if I have to fill up with premium (haven't done it yet).

The rear end can get a little "floaty", which is a bit discerning at first. But once you see the ride height of the rear, and realize what a rear sway bar can do, you kind of understand. (Springs and bar coming soon)

There's a known issue with a line from the intercooler charge pipe to the evap system, but fixed with something called the "Boost Leak Fix" mod. After the mod, there's a very mild increase in power, but overall better throttle response. Recommend doing that first thing if you buy one.

Braking is fantastic (car weighs under 2600lbs, so that makes sense). I'm looking for some ss brake lines to see if I can improve on its strengths.

After owning it for a week, I get why people like them. I was always a little interested in them when they first came out, but sort of forgot about it until now.

Needed a small and somewhat fun car with good mpg to daily and take my monthly road trip. This seems to be a perfect match.
>>
Overall: I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Quirky car with some good and bad points out of the box that can be fixed. Not the most powerful thing on the road, but it's a fiesty little car and small mods make good power increases while adding efficiency. Great gas mileage. Fun handling. Surprisingly not the worst engine bay I ever had to work in even if it does look cramped.

Would recommend this car to the city dweller who wants to find parking where it wasn't before, or the first time car enthusiast who can learn that power isn't everything. If you want a fun little ride that'll get some interested looks on the road, and even further interest at the gas pump, it'd be a great car to commute in that'll break up the mundane drive to work.

I wouldn't recommend this as a sole mode of transportation to the family man because his wife and kids would probably get annoyed on trips to the grocery store. Then again, they may enjoy it as a weekend canyon carver.
>>
>>16745289
Congrats! I love the sound!

Do you you heel/toe? I could imagine it's quite difficult with your 6'2"?
>>
File: 20170228_150959.jpg (260KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_150959.jpg
260KB, 1280x720px
Congratulations

Abarth must be really cheap there, bravo

t. Abarth dealer
>>
Based op who actually delivered
>>
File: IMG_0547.jpg (151KB, 910x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.jpg
151KB, 910x620px
I'm in Italy and we have different trims for the 595.

I've been offered a new base 595 for 15.000€ / $15.800, it the same as the one in related and has the 1.4 with 145 hp.

I find the price to be very interesting but I don't know because to me an abarth should be interesting even inside, be more personal, because this model has got cloth seats, manual AC control and base details.

What would you do? Buy it as it is and have fun with it or pick a superior trim?

The fact is that I'm not comfortable in spending > 17.000€ for a Fiat 500...for nearly 20.000€ I could get an used ND MX-5 1.5, just saying.
>>
>>16745469

I forgot: no record Monza exhaust as standard for that price
>>
>>16745469
>I've been offered a new base 595 for 15.000€
that's a good price
(ti ritirano l'usato immagino)

> Buy it as it is and have fun with it
that car is exceptional for tuning and having fun, very reliable too, we have two of them with 235 hp (ayy lmao), never had a problem, one has 170.000 kms

>The fact is that I'm not comfortable in spending > 17.000€
true, that's worse when I deal with competizione whose price is around 30.000
anyway I can tell you, it's a car that keeps the price and doesn't get devalued so maybe it's worth
>>
>>16745534

Thanks pizzabro.

It's the same as this, but red:

>http://ww3.autoscout24.it/classified/304879849?asrc=pl|as

15.000€ is a promotional price, my guess is that it's a 2016 model from the km0 stock + promo discount from the dealer (no need to give them my used car), let's say that the starting price was probably in the 17.000€ area.

Plus I may have a little extra discount, I really don't know, because a friend of mine works at the dealer.

I'll think about it, also because as you were saying these little Abarth keeps their value so goddamn well that I won't be surprised to be able to sell the car in 2-3 years asking 11.000€ and get them without questioning.
>>
>>16745289
>>16745307
I post on /o/ and I though i'd give this review a quick review.

Car reviews on /o/ are usually based on opinions, not facts.

This one has terrible formatting, as you can see from the fucking gap in between lines

But I digress, onto the review.

It's mostly based off opinions, for example;

"Exterior looks great to me"

"I can fit perfectly in the driver's seat"

This review has fallen straight into the classic /o/ review format

A review based off personal opinions, not facts.

Oh dear. I'd give it a 2.5/10

At least he owns the car, and isn't a bus rider...
>>
>>16746069
>Autism: the post
>>
>>16745345
Haven't really had a chance yet, but the pedals are spaced nicely.

>>16745442
Surprisingly, yeah. Pretty cheap in the south. I'm from northern Virginia, but in training for a few months in South Carolina. They just don't have the same value here as they do further north (about a $3k difference)

>>16745447
I figured it's a car that not many people have, and could use some light shown on it.

>>16745469
I'd say it comes down to personal preference. I wouldn't purchase the vehicle new (around $22k, I think), but for less than half that price for a daily? Sure. I prefer to get the sport editions of vehicles I like, so I'll pay the extra cash for the higher trim. On the used market, the difference between trims usually aren't as big as they are new.

I would love to own an ND, but they're double the price, and don't need a convertible right now (probably in the future when they dip below $20k).
>>
>>16746171
>Haven't really had a chance yet, but the pedals are spaced nicely.

Yes but your knees must be quite bended right?
>>
>>16746225
The seating position is VERY upright. So much so that the pedals are angled upward for you to "step" on them, instead of "press forward". Thus, making your leg movements slightly different than you're used to. Which kind of negates the issue of height/leg length (pretty ingenious fix for such a small car).

But to answer your original question: While I was parked, I practiced heal-toe, and it seemed pretty intuitive, but definitely different.

So... yeah, haven't tried it in practice, only "theory" while parked. So... yes? Heal-toe is fairly nice on this vehicle.
>>
Youre a freakin audi how do you own another car?
>>
File: 20160929_221003.jpg (1020KB, 1583x890px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_221003.jpg
1020KB, 1583x890px
>>16746247
I'm assuming that's a typo, and you're asking me IF I own another car.

Yes, I do. A 2012 MazdaSpeed3
>>
>>16746069
how can someone (germans) be simultaneously so much cucked and buttdevasted?
>>
>>16746852
>completely staged crash test
>little fiat 500 vs huge and two times heavy Q7
>all to prove that the fiat 500 is not safe
>the reason is: they hate the fact the fiat 500 is selling better than their cars in the same category

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ
>>
File: germany.jpg (92KB, 611x609px) Image search: [Google]
germany.jpg
92KB, 611x609px
>>16746891
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.