[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wider track

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: neuer-8582722140105679487.jpg (98KB, 599x446px) Image search: [Google]
neuer-8582722140105679487.jpg
98KB, 599x446px
If road safety regulations are no issue (track car), what's the best way to widen a non-M3 rear track on an E46 without using spacers?
>>
>>16745167

FYI, posting furry related imagery is a bannable offense on any board other than /b/.
>>
>>16745155
If you don't want to increase track with spacers because you think they stress the suspensions too much, then I'm afraid you will have to keep the car like it is unless you buy longer suspension arms.
Wheels with less offset will achieve the exact same result as spacers, with the same exact drawbacks, which is still negligible IMO.
The "damage" of spacers is highly overrated.

Is there another reason why you don't want to use spacers?
>>
>>16745178
>imagery
you meant faggotry
>>
>>16745155
Best to have a look on the forums M8. Won't get many specific answers here.
Try and look for offset bushings for the front control arms. On older models E36 and E30 offset bushing push the hub further out and increase castor.
Not sure about the rear. Just use spacers. They are not unsafe
>>
my fucking sides, bmw fag actually ran to report, sorry dude, won't trigger you so much next time, stay furry
>>
>>16745181
No, that's exactly the reason. I put alot of lateral stress on the rear suspension. At what width do you think it becomes problematic?
>>
>>16745472
Get reked
>>
>>16745902
Explain how you put a lot of lateral stress?

Unless the car has never seen a new suspension component since the day it rolled out of the factory (which is a bad thing it itself already if you want to track the car) then you shouldn't worry about the added stress of spacers.
Go as wide as you can while not hitting the fenders.
>>
>>16745155
Wholesale replacement of the rear axle.
>>
To do this in a Volvo you just grab the LSD rear end out of many fords or Toyota's.

Dunno for bummers, but an axle/custom driveshaft would do the same if there's shit that would bolt up
>>
>>16746217
>>16745902
>DRUFFTOO

Seriously though wheels correctly speced > spacers
>>
>>16745472
post furry imagery
>>
SLR angle kit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.