[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (883KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
883KB, 4160x3120px
How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?
>>
If you mean a full blown detail such as outside, inside, and engine bay... then twice a year.
>>
>>16742853
AMC Marlin. Interesting
>>
>>16742853
After the winter realm
>>
almost never

i need a silk car cover to keep the lead dust on the ceiling from accumulating
>>
>>16742853
>How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?
Detail means a full job. That would be once per year as the sealant is applied then. I have regular waxes and cleaning the other times.

You said "polish" and I never polish. That is abrasive to the clear coat.
>>
>>16742853
fucking nice car
>>
>>16742853
Never polished my car ever. polish the knob daily, though
>>
>>16742853
Before summer
>>
>>16742853
Is that a Marlin?
>>
it has been raining on and off a fuckton here in socal so it would be completely pointless to detail the exterior

luckily It has a 6 month wax on it
>>
Very cool to see some people recognize a marlin! Yes, polishing is abrasive and isn't always necessary, but this is the first time the original paint was touched in 50 years and I think it requires an even more aggressive compound than what I used.
>>
>>16742853
Never. If my car looks too good or costs too much money I won't ever want to drive it like it's designed to do
>>
I only compound or polish if it NEEDS correction. Once the paint has been corrected, you protect it.

As far as protection, I seal it every six months, and spray wax every 3 washes.

This is after I corrected the paint when I bought my car.
>>
>>16744033
That looks awesome. What do you mean by seal? Isn't that what wax does?

The OP picture is my first time with a buffer on 51 year old paint - my expectations were not high.
>>
>>16744085
I just started reading about "sealant" and kind of answered my own question. Is that Infiniti your daily driver?
>>
>>16744033
Where u at Kentucky bro
>Russell county/lake Cumberland here
>>
>>16744085

Sealant is like a polymer that is much tougher than wax. It protects the paint. Wax is something that gives the paint a deep shine because it fills in any imperfections while adding some additional protection to wear away and be easily replaced.

If you think of the paint like skin; the sealant is clothing and the wax is like a wind breaker, taking the brunt of the beating.
>>
>>16744102
Yeah it is

>>16744113
Boone/Covington
>>
I clean as needed. Wax once a month. Full detail once a year when the warm season hits.
>>
File: IMG_20170227_215924104.jpg (744KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_215924104.jpg
744KB, 4160x3120px
>>16744116
Thanks for the info. I've learned so much about metal and bodywork and painting over the past year and a half that what comes AFTER all of this hasn't even crossed my mind.

This kind of work is so satisfying.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.