[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOW IS THE TIME /o/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: golf.png (640KB, 680x426px) Image search: [Google]
golf.png
640KB, 680x426px
I've previously posted a story about my family's old Golf 2 that landed in the hands of my uncle and then well, kind of killed.

Today I've hit him with an offer to buy it. He said that pretty much it's pointless to do so and he'll save me a few bucks and just proceed to junk it, after insisting a little bit he said "We'll see".

Now that there's at least a spark I can let wear off so I'll have to pursue him the upcoming days so I know the Golf lends in the good yard.

Here are known problems so far:
-electrical part is kaputt (he's been vague about it, mostly resumed to "it caught fire and haven't started since")
-one sidemirror is broken and was replaced with one from another car
-interior pretty much destroyed
-central locking (which I can't confirm it was native to the car) removed

Here's the thing. I know it would probably be financially wise to just buy another Golf, but it's not the same thing. I was about 9 or so when we first had the car and to my enjoyment it was one of the quite few cars we didn't lose track of after selling.
I want it working and damn right I want to drive it.

Any tips or advice /o/? I'll be looking to convince my uncle to sell it back to me.
Pic-related is what it was years ago when still working. I have better pictures with it, but they are burried in some CDs.
>>
Don't pay him anything, just rent a uhaul car dolly and cart it off. If he gives you any shit, tell him to fuck off and be glad it's gone. You can sort out the title and shit when it's running. Take a mechanic's lien against the repairs you've done to the car+storage fees in case he tries to claim that it's still his once you've fixed it.

Your uncle is a asshole, don't let him wring you for cash over a ancient shitcan VW.
>>
>>16740662
You know I actually was on good terms with my uncle and the car was actually rightfully bought by him (minus paperwork, we just kept old documents with my dad being the owner for the sake of convenience).

The only actual problem with my uncle is that he is a chronic car ruiner, having managed to break most cars that landed on his hand.

I'll try to jew with him and see if I can just take it (main goal would be to just beat the shit price the junkyard would pay him for) or get a bargain price.
>>
>>16740705
The fact that he won't give you a worthless car for free is what makes him an asshole. Just take it.
>>
>>16740544
Id go up to your uncle and say
Hey this was my families car and it means a lot to me and Im getting into mechanics to fix it. You're not saving me any heartache by junking it.
Just tell him how much it means to you and if hea got a heart hell give it up
If you have the title in your dads name the car is nkt his to junk and get it back to your house
Where are you from? Im in washington and can help you fix it
>>
>>16740662
Don't listen to this idiot. The car is your uncle's property and attempting to take it is theft. You're not entitled to the car simply because he broke it and doesn't want to fix it.

Buy the car for 500 dollars or whatever the British/EU/Aus equivalent is
>>
>>16740832
>Implying his uncle will give enough of a shit to call the cops over a literally worthless shitheap
I guarantee you the reason it isn't junked yet is because he hasn't found a junkyard that will give him more for it than they'll charge to tow it.
>>
File: boy.jpg (294KB, 1200x1660px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
294KB, 1200x1660px
>>16740852
^this
>uncles that are niggers
I know that feel br/o/.
>uncle retard has a triumph tr7
>uncle moltargo to prison now for nigger shit
>grandparents cover it, keep it for him for 10 YEARS
>uncle negro gets out of jail
>immediately scraps it for $200

call the local scrapyard and see how much they will pay you if you take it there
take that quote and offer 50 yuropeenbuxxx over
if he starts to niggle, hit him with the quote you got and tell him to stop being a nig
>>
>>16740826
Heh, I'm in Europe, but thanks for the offer though.

I will defenetly give it a shot though, by all means I want to obtain the car. I did plan to try to see if he's willing to just give it away, but I can sacrifice a small part of my current budget just in case.

>>16740852
It's not really a matter of calling the police really. I just have the basic common sense and decency to not cause conflicts over a relatively petty theft. It would actually pain me if he refuses my offer, but he rightfully bought it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.