[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pressure washer disassembly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170226-200221.png (400KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-200221.png
400KB, 1080x1920px
Uhhh what have I gotten myself into here lads
This may not be typical /o/ but hear me out
>Want to buy an 85 Chevy c10 pickup
>Want to learn more about engines and basic maintenance first
>Start browsing /o/
>They say to start small by working on small engines
>Unused pressure washer lying around because dad passed away
>Open oil dip stick and oil starts pouring out
>Ok wtf tilt engine on its side so I can open oil dip stick
>Oil starts leaking out of air filter
>This ain't good.jpg
>Oil all throughout carberator and air filter
>Decide ahh fuckit I should just strip the hole engine down and reassemble it, cleaning parts that shouldn't have oil in them as I go
>Get the easy shit off like the gas tank, carb, etc
>Get to pic related in the PDF

>Shit just got real complicated lads. I have zero experience with this stuff. Should I just keep trucking on and disassemble the whole thing or what?
>>
why? its not hurting it. he probably put it there to keep corrosion away.
just clean the carb and drain the old oil normally.
>>
>>16736991
All oil and gasoline have been drained. I'm going to need a new air filter since the old one is soaked in motor oil right?

And is that a yes to a complete disassembly or what?
>>
>>16737086
>I'm going to need a new air filter since the old one is soaked in motor oil right?
Is it one of those little foam block things, like on a lawn mower? Those are supposed to have some amount of oil in them.
>>
>>16737443
Yeah it's a cylinder of foam not like a paper air filter in a car
>>
>>16736809
I don't mean to discourage you, but I feel like you're wasting your time by tinkering with a small engine in hopes of gaining general automotive knowledge. I've rebuilt 15 liter diesel engines, 10 spd transmissions, and 40k lb rear ends and they have very little commonality with small engines. In fact aside from little shit like changing plugs and filters I know very little of small engines and am of the belief that carburetors work off of fucking unicorn dust and magic.

I feel like you would be much better off buying an inexpensive poorly running vehicle and learning from that.
>>
>>16737551
My senpai has a 2002 civic sitting in our driveway that has a bunch of warning lights on the dash that are on (check engine, SRS, a few others) I'm guessing I should start working on that instead?
>>
Fix the pressure washer first, if you fuck it up it won't matter
>>
>>16737578
Not a bad idea. Get a code reader and get googling. Or get a dirt bike, that's another easy way into wrenching.
>>
>>16739165
That said a C10 is simple as fuck jus go get one.
>>
>>16736809
I think you would learn a lot by taking it apart, even if you don't get to put it back together
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.