[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got fucked over by others parking too close in my garage and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: kN8GY58[1].jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
kN8GY58[1].jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
Got fucked over by others parking too close in my garage and got a scrape from a concrete pillar.

What is the best way to repair deep scratches? From my research I should fill hit with fine sandpaper to level the raised paint, fill with putty, level that with solvent. Add touchup paint. From here I'm not entirely sure of everything I need to do as this is where the how to's I've seen stop. Pretty sure I need to buff with some kind of compound or fine sandpaper then add another coat of paint, buff again then clear coat, buff and polish.

Any advice?

Also is the putty sufficient to prevent future rust problems? I'm going to be repairing just a few days after it happened, but there's salt and shit on the roads.
>>
File: ZdCFwT7[1].jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
ZdCFwT7[1].jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
In addition to the deep scratches there's some shallower clear coat scratches, what is the best way to repair these? (picture not related)
>>
>>16736334
Dude, you're fine. That's 100% cosmetic and it's not going to rust before you get it repaired.
>>
wash your fucking car so we can see damage.

Watch this video and fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4
>>
File: FfCOzGE[1].jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
FfCOzGE[1].jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16737792
>>
File: OXVqV3F[1].jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
OXVqV3F[1].jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16737792
>>16737929

I've been watching such videos for a few hours now.

I think my new plan is to quick sand to knock down the jaggies. Brush on a layer of primer where its bare metal. Brush in at least two coats of base color or until just a little shy of even. Followed by brushing in a coat or two of clear until its a little bit proud. Wet sand with 2-3k until flat then polish and blend.

The lightest ones I may try to buff out or brush in a little bit of clear then sand and polish.

Any comments?
>>
>>16737965
I am concerned about the huge gouge on the body panel right at the edge. What procedure should I use to address this area?
>>
to the top
>>
totaled
>>
>>16739039
Right....
>>
>>16737965
You don't brush on auto paint.
>>
>>16740710
Isn't that what you do when you try to fill in a deep scratch? I'm not aiming to repaint the whole area.
>>
fill it with toothpaste and find a permanent marker thats close in color
>>
>>16740840
No
>>
I'm exploring the idea of respraying the door and body panel. I have access to an hvlp sprayer, but I need to wait until its warmer. Assuming an amateur spray and blend how bad is it going to look over time in regards to the fade of the older paint?
>>
>>16741857
why? toothpaste is the all around goat filler

works on drywall, steel, fiberglass, even plastic
>>
>>16742408
Just no
>>
pls respond
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.