[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was the 500, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: boi.jpg (48KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
48KB, 400x225px
How was the 500, /o/?
>>
>>16736124
the what?
>>
File: 148741292998944.png (486KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
148741292998944.png
486KB, 640x480px
>>16736132
>>
>>16736124
Didn't watch. Nascar has been getting gayer ever since Dale Earnhardt died.

It's gotten very boring. Too safe, too many advertisements. And this year I think it's finally dead.

>500 raced in stages
>Giant crashes are more frequent but less fun.
>they renamed the sprint/nextel/Winston cup to THE EXTREME MONSTER ENERGY RACE FOR THE CHASE DIABETES DEMO DERBY CUP.

Plus Jeff Gordon is retired, Michael Waltrip just retired. Once Dale Jr. Is gone it'll be nothing but skinny city dudes with too much money and that short chick that always wrecks.
>>
For some reason unknown to me my mother watches these big nascar races, so I sat down and watched todays.
Its just pure marketing. Like staright advertising the entire race. Every conceivable concept in the race has been turned to some kind of marketing ploy.
>>
>>16736439
>It's gotten very boring

Are you telling me there was a time when it wasn't boring?
>>
>>16736124
Awful. They've made the rules way too hard to follow. What the fuck is stage-racing, and who the hell was asking for these changes? It all seems like a not-so-subtle effort to slip in more sponsor-wanking. Catering to casual viewers could end up alienating their core viewer base. Kind of like what's happening to the NFL...
>>
>>16736439
>500 raced in stages
you cannot be fucking serious
>>
>>16737893
Casual viewers don't have the attention span to sit down and watch a whole race. So, they split it up into stages so there's multiple finishes and more winners. Dumb, I know.
>>
I think the laps were split up 60, 60, 80. 200 total.
>>
>>16736124
Nascar is just a waste of gas.
>>
>>16737966
Golf is a waste of water. Especially in CA.
>>
>>16737857
>and who the hell was asking for these changes
No one. But NASCAR is in big trouble. Ten years ago, NASCAR averaged 9 million viewers. Now, it's 4 million. Plus, ticket sales are way, way down. Some tracks have pulled seats just to look better on TV.

The worst problem they have is the France siblings don't get along. Lesa France Kennedy, CEO of International Speedway Corp., can't run a business and Brian France, CEO of NASCAR, doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and barely even shows up for events. Their ineptitude together is running NASCAR into the ground.
>>
>>16736124
Gay. It was pretty funny when Kyle Busch took a shit on Goodyear tires in his interview, because he's not wrong.
>>
>>16738003
I loved that Kurt Busch won. Fucking unhinged lunatic lol.
>>
>>16737975
Really wish IndyCar and F1 could get a better following in the states. Love me some open wheel.
>>
I was and still am against the whole stages points system, but I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised with how interesting it made it

And my Haas guy won, so that was nice
>>
>>16738011
Absolutely a mad man. I was pulling for Krut at the end.
>>
>>16736987
People died sometimes.
>>
File: france.png (27KB, 162x137px) Image search: [Google]
france.png
27KB, 162x137px
>>16736124
>no Carl, Stewart or Biffle
>retarded stages
>retarded damage clock
>the chase still exists
>third wreckfest in 3 days
>ARCA was the best race of speedweeks
>Chase and Larson both ran out of fuel at the end
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.