[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Coolant Saga Continues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: coolant.jpg (294KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
coolant.jpg
294KB, 1600x1067px
Im the Anon who spilled coolant into the spark plug chamber yesterday
I did what yall suggested and just finished all the spark plugs now. I started the car for about 60 seconds and some smoke was coming from the general area that coolant got into so I killed the engine... This is just the residual burning off no? Or is my car gonna explode at any moment I'm driving it?
>>
Did you spill any by the exhaust? It might just be some spilled coolant burning off.
>>
>>16733603
Coolant is soluble in water so I would try and flush it with water then let it dry

if you want it dier sooner you can make an emulsion of 5% acetone in water which will help it dry quicker
>>
Residual most likely. You should get a mix of steam and smoke as the coolant diluted oil and grease so it smokes much easier
>>
>>16733617
>>16733625

This is the whole story with what /o/ told me to do
>Doing spark plugs
>Coolant hose comes off
>2-3oz of coolant into one of the spark plug chambers
>Crank Engine with no fuel pump for 1 minute
>use compressed air on the cylinder
>Reassemble
>Run Engine

Thats where I'm at now. I just want to know if I can run the engine and my car wont burn to the ground. I only ran it for about 60 seconds before I got to scared and killed the engine.
>>
>>16733660
>Crank Engine with no fuel pump for 1 minute
Hope you took all the plugs out.

Just get out and drive it, I 100% guarantee* it's fine.
(This is not a guarantee)
>>
You should be good to go if you followed those steps. You're going to get a little bit of white smoke with the rest of the coolant being burned through.
>>
>>16733660
>Thats where I'm at now. I just want to know if I can run the engine and my car wont burn to the ground.
ethylene glycol isn't a big deal but if you burn it it will cause a residue to form as decomposition. One of those cylinder cleaners, seafoam or what ever they're called should clean it away. but Ethylene Glycol is soluble in water so I would try and clean it, let it dry before you try and start it
>>
>>16733672
He would only have to take the plugs out of the chambers the coolant got into thought right?
>>
>>16733672
>>16733688

Yes I was doing all plugs and coils so they were out
I'm gonna run it right now, will report back
>>
>>16733713
>Doesn't report back

Hope everything's working out m8.
>>
Car exploded and killed op
>>
It's just a little smoke op. It's coolant, not gasoline. It's not going to burst into flames. If you're that paranoid let it idle with the hood up and watch it all burn off.
>>
>>16734073
This, apparently.
>>
File: 1de.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1de.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>16733603
OP will deliver.
We just have to be patient.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.