[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK FUCK FUCK HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: me.png (551KB, 964x912px)
me.png
551KB, 964x912px
Doing my spark plugs, coolant hose came undone and spilled a fuck ton of coolant into 1 or 2 of the spark plug chambers. What the fuck do I do????
Am I gonna make it brahs?
>>
>>16728086
Take all plugs out and crank it over for a minute
>>
>>16728086
pull your fuel pump fuse and turn the engine over a few times
>>
>>16728089
Change your oil and filter immediately, drive the car for a few minutes to burn the remainder out of cylinders and then change oil again so coolant doesn't oxidize the bearings
>>
>>16728089
>>16728092
>>16728096

Thanks you guys are lifesavers
Just so I dont fuck this up:
Pull fuel pump fuse
With spark plugs out
crank engine
Reassemble
Change oil
Run engine
Change oil again
>>
>>16728118
You don't even have to unplug the fuel pump, unless you don't want to waste the fuel it takes to crank over. I feel maybe even having the injectors spray might help clean it better since gas is a solvent
>>
>>16728190
The force of piston is pretty big and you'd be surprised how forceful it is when ejecting liquids from a cylinder. However there will still be liquid seepage past the ring gaps and changing oil twice now might save you bearing failure in the future. Sucks but it's worth the added insurance
>>
>>16728118
You probably don't need to change the oil immediately. If you get most of the coolant out. After you run it for a few minutes then change oil. If you have a mighty vac, or small tube, you might want to try siphoning the coolant out through spark plug holes before spinning it over.
>>
>>16728208
An old pump from a hand soap bottle works nicely
>>
>>16728208
True. Depends on how long it's been sitting. Cranking the engine is still going to cycle whatever is in the oil now through the pump and galleys though. Changing the oil is mandatory, changing it twice is autistic ease of mind
>>
>>16728092
If you do this, make sure your battery has a lot of charge in it. Better yet, if you own a recharger, hook it up while you crank.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.