[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diesel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1927.jpg (301KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1927.jpg
301KB, 1280x853px
Are diesel cars still shit and unreliable? It used to be you avoided used ones like the plague in fear of problems with clutches, dual mass flywheels, EGR valves, injectors, turbos, high pressure fuel pumps etc etc

However it is fucking impossible to find a decent petrol "normal" car here in the UK. I was looking to buy a nice late 2000s / early 2010s 5 series but finding a decent 530i / 545i / 550i is almost impossible. There are loads of 530d and 535d models about, did they sort all the problems from the early to mid 2000s or are they still shit money pits waiting to financially ruin second hand buyers?
>>
>>16727061
all modern cars are complicated as fuck and expensive to fix
>>
>>16727066
My E90 330i has been great though, put over 50k on it and it has needed nothing aside from regular servicing. It was running and driving perfectly at 160k when some twat drove into it and killed it.
>>
File: IMG_2427.jpg (30KB, 288x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2427.jpg
30KB, 288x265px
>diesel cars shit and unreliable
No
My E60 525d is at 305k miles and still good
My friend used to own a 565k mile E46 330d that still ran like hot stuff
Also pic related a 2006 E90 330d at 680.000 km (422k miles)
>>
>>16727082
Thats impressive mileage, to be fair these are all 6 cyl models which is what I am looking at and I think it was that VAG 2.0 TDi that put the fear of god into a lot of people.

Have you had many issues with your E60?
>>
>>16727096
I bought my 525d at 280k miles, immediately replaced fluids and filters, did a toe allignment and replaced some rear suspension bushings.
My car has the adaptive bixenon lights but they won't move because some sensor has failed
Also it started leaking oil recently, probably the valve cover gasket so I am looking at a 200 euro repair bill sometime soon
Would not call that ''high maintenance'' for a 300+k mile car, my friends cars with 100-120k miles are more expensive to upkeep than my diesel
>>
>>16727073
learn to read idiot. i never said they were unreliable.
these days petrol and diesel cars both have all that bullshit listed in the op
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.