[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best car to cannonball the US? I was considering of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: E39_M5.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
E39_M5.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Whats the best car to cannonball the US?
I was considering of going for the record and beating the time of 28 hours and 50 minutes.

I dont think my e39 M5 is going to be fast enough. Any suggestions?

Inb4 hurr hurr faggit etc
>>
File: 01-IMG_6692.jpg (242KB, 1600x989px) Image search: [Google]
01-IMG_6692.jpg
242KB, 1600x989px
Something with a big V8 and high gearing. Something like this.
>>
>>16723651
Also needs massive trunk to fight auxillary tanks.
>>
File: 1971-Cannonball-PRDA.jpg (103KB, 663x439px) Image search: [Google]
1971-Cannonball-PRDA.jpg
103KB, 663x439px
M5 is powerful but you will have to do stops very often and that's why you should do this in a powerful van
>>
File: efo74w83c6nx.jpg (660KB, 2799x1866px) Image search: [Google]
efo74w83c6nx.jpg
660KB, 2799x1866px
>>16723651
the M5 is plenty fast, but it's all about the modifications and meticulous preparation. they do shit you'd never think about to save time, like filling up with two fuel nozzles simultaneously.

and that's before you get to all the scanners and detectors and shit. pic related, alex roy's cannonball E39 M5. get some spotter planes if you can too.
>>
>>16723695
The guy who just beat it did it in an CL 55 AMG and averaged around 100mph and a top speed of 158.

I def think I might be able to do it with aux tanks, but idk if a 99 M5 will handle that kind of pace.
That M5 managed 31 hours.
>>
>>16723695
>manual
mad man
>>
>>16723718
i reckon the M5 could cruise all day at 100-150mph too. getting lucky with traffic and police cars and so on probably affects your time much more.

>>16723724
doesn't matter, you're going to be in one gear for practically the whole journey
>>
>>16723651
BMW M550d or similar. A car that can handle high speed for a loooong time continously(spelling?) and has relatively good fuel economy/huge fuel tank(the fewer fuel stops, the more time you save).
The current record was driven in a Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG. Reasons: can handle continious high speed, has active suspension to handle the huge weight difference when full tank versus empty, thanks to the large extra tank, looks rather normal.
>>
>>16723764
They dont sell the 550d in America, and the 535d is waaaaayyy out of my budget. Im looking for something under 25k including modifications.
>>
>>16723651
A fast diesel powered german Autobahn missle.
These cars can sustain speeds far higher than than you would drive on US highways due to traffic and have a high range due to the efficient diesel engine.
The only modification worth doing would be a additional fuel tank in the trunk.

Audi and BMW make good ones.
>>
>>16723651
C63 with extra fuel reserves

there is no better option. the c63's 7 speed will help it cruise at lower RPMs, its a german car so it's built for driving long distances at high speed, its kinda comfy, and has plenty of space for any other cargo/supplies
>>
>>16723651
Pretty much any german diesel car with decent power.
Like a VW Passat with the 2.0L 240hp TDi, 7 gear DSG and AWD.
It drives 240km/h and is supposed to need only 5,3L/100km.

Maybe add a additional fuel tank.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.