[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car washing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: $_32.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
Am I supposed to roughly dry each area/panel after I soap and rinse it off. you know as I go along

or is it ok to just rinse of soap, do the next area, rinse it off again etc then do another full rinse all around then dry?

is it true chamois are bad over a microfiber towel for drying?
>>
>>16723009
Dear lord. Why would you attempt to rinse the soap off of a single panel, dry that same panel, and then rinse another adjacent panel? You are just going to get water splashing over the thing you just dried.

Rinse debris off the whole car (all the panels together), soap the whole car (all the panels together), rinse the soap from the whole car (all the panels together), dry the whole car (all the panels together).

Also, rinse and soap and rinse and dry GENTLY not roughly as you ask in your first paragraph.
>>
>>16723009
Also, just use microfibers GENTLY. Chamois done wrong is more likely than microfiber being done wrong.

The only time you do anything wash related panel by panel is most types of polishing. That's because you are more likely to do each panel evenly and equally If you do them one by one instead of the whole car front to back.

But that doesn't apply to car washing. You should have the stamina and efficiency to do the whole car at once.
>>
Your second paragraph made more sense. Yes, you can rinse as you go and do one last full rinse to even out any dried up spots before drying. But do not dry as you go. That just doesn't work in any scenario I can imagine with my feeble mind.
>>
Also if you want to minimize the touch contact you have while drying you can use a leaf blower to push most the water off the surface of the car, but dont get to close and bump the nozzle of the leaf blower into the car and scratch it. Same goes for any hoses or other sprayer accessories.
>>
I thought you were supposed to rinse off each area after soaping to prevent it drying
>>
>>16723100
>a leaf blower to push most the water off the surface of the car,
Might want to put some mesh over the leaf blower intake.. I think the grill on most is large enough to pass something to damage your paint.
>>
What's the best sort of nozzle to use for the hose when washing a car?

One with at least a trigger/switch so I can turn it off without going back to the tap
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.