[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

Is it a good idea to lease something you plan on buying at the end of the term?
>>
File: 1449624002716.jpg (19KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1449624002716.jpg
19KB, 409x393px
Have you literally never heard of financing?

Find out which has better interest rates and do the math
>>
>>16722034
The thing is I'm poor atm

In 3 years when the lease is up, I'll have a stable income to finance
>>
>>16722030
>>16722034

>Financing

Way to get cucked by the banks and stealerships. Go buy a 3K civic instead
>>
File: 1455472446784.jpg (85KB, 767x822px) Image search: [Google]
1455472446784.jpg
85KB, 767x822px
>>16722041
go to X website and run the math. Which is lower costs Y month and Z buyout cost. Y x N + Z = your total cost of purchasing the vehicle

I look at the total cost in the end because I understand money and I do not like to part with it.

If you have no money now, don't buy beyond your means. Buy a shitbox or take the bus.
>>
>>16722030

Good reason to lease:

You run your own business and don't want to waste time on maintenance and service.

Bad reason to lease:

You can't afford to buy the car.
>>
>>16722030
YMMV but for me the difference between lease then buy and straight up buy was ~$2K which to me was worth having the option to dump the car back on the dealership should it prove to be unreliable or simply not a car that I want to live with.

If you don't make enough money to where you're comfortable trading $ for that convenience than I'd say leasing is a bad call and you're better off either buying something in cash (>>16722048) or financing something cheap(er)
>>
File: 1478393148183.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1478393148183.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>OP too poor to buy his car in full.

You can't make this shit up famalamafam.
>>
File: 1286129313951.png (10KB, 432x494px) Image search: [Google]
1286129313951.png
10KB, 432x494px
>common rejection of leasing is due to the customer saying they want to own their car
>finance the car for 72 months instead
>>
>>16722048
For a lot of people leasing makes more sense. You can just ditch the car after the lease is up without caring about long-term maintenance, which is convenient if you're the type of person who just wants the newest vehicle available. Yeah, you don't actually own the car, but if that doesn't bother you, you're actually saving yourself from a lot of headaches years down the road. Also, a lot of rich people in my country lease expensive vehicles to ultimately save on taxes. If they kept the money and bought something cheap, they would get taxed to hell and see a net loss anyway, so they just lease.
>>
>>16724089
Leasing only makes sense if you own a business so you can write off the full lease amount instead of the depreciation. No other situation.

>>16722030
Fuck no. Just get a civic for 3k and buy something nice when you make more money. Stop being a faggot who only wants >muh instant gratification. You'll have to pay more for insurance and property tax too on a newer car whether you lease or finance.
>>
>>16722041
just buy a cheap car to tide you over for 3 years and use the lease monthlies you would have paid as savings for a deposit on a car when you're more financially stable

or you can use those savings as a deposit on a home, which is actually an investement
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.