[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to put them in a home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: DMVsburden.jpg (13KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
DMVsburden.jpg
13KB, 286x176px
Give me 1 reason why people should have a drivers license over 70.
Elderly drivers are way more dangerous then even texting teenagers.

>old ass lady comes into my work because she's trying to blow though all her money before she dies and she thinks of me as her grandson
>sweet old lady but older then fuck (89) and should be in a nursing home
>feel twice in the parking lot in the last year
>yesterday side swiped a light pole in the parking lot and kept driving
At VERY LEAST they should be required to retake the drivers test every 2-5 years.

I would bet my life savings more then half wouldn't pass
>>
>>16721589
100% agree on stricter, frequent tests once you hit 65 or so. Actual ability will depend on the person, not on amount of time passed since they were born
>>
Senior licence starts at 80 and must be taken every two years.
>nz
>>
>>16721617
Based New Zealand.
>>
>>16721589
Not all old people are the problem. But it definitely is a problem.

I personally think at age 70, seniors should have to take a vision test and a physical to renew their license every 2 years. Can't pass vision test or the physical? No license for you. Doesn't matter how long they've been driving.
>>
>>16721634
No, Not ALL old people are. But a very high vast majority are.

I agree there are exceptions, My grandpa is 76 and he can still drive safely, I could easily fall asleep with him driving and not worry about dying in a fiery wreck on the 305.

But no one seems to remember for the elderly, That driving is a privilege. No a right
>>
>>16721644
That would be sexist tho
>>
>>16721654
That makes no sense.....

I said there are exceptions, Not only males are the exceptions

But I would agree women or gooks shouldn't have a license either If I ran shit
>>
>>16721589
Old people make it like a video game. If you cant dodge them, you suck at the game.

The road isn't your personal paradise. Deal with it and GOML faggot
>>
Good luck getting that legislation passed - old people actually fucking vote.
>>
Yeah but until they decide to take the shortcut to bingo that brings them through some mini mart or eatery nobody wants to address the fact that seniors need to be ferried everywhere. As much as everyone is gunna be like "oh just put them In a home so I can hoon my supra" its not fair to them. That being said at least 10x in my life as and 1,000s more as a pedestrian have I can close to meeting God because some senior driving. Funny thing is they didn't even notice. They always just keep looking straight again no matter what...as if nothing happened.
>>
>>16721909
>10x as a driver
>>
>>16721644
>No, Not ALL old people are. But a very high vast majority are.
Yea? Let me see the statistics on that
>>
All I can say to everyone in this thread is to be careful what you wish for. You're all going to be there someday and a lot sooner than you think.
>>
>>16721929
http://www.voanews.com/a/elderly-drivers-cause-more-deadly-crashes-than-teens-129298768/162760.html
>>
>>16721589
Teenagers cause more accidents which are more costly. Insurance premiums isn't just a random meme, faggot. It's based on decades of collated data.

I'm sorry you are paying through the nose for insurance because you're a youngfag, but maybe if people in your age group were more responsible people it would not be this way. And it's only going to get worse as not-responsible-for-my-actions millennial get older. Enjoy.
>>
>>16721929
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/older_adult_drivers/
>>
>>16721943
see

>>16721948

The elderly cause more fatal crashes per mile then anyone. Even drunks and women
>>
In maple land they have to take a vision test and drivers test every year or 2 after 65
>>
File: g äijä.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
g äijä.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>16721943
kek, I got into an accident as a young driver who was ranked into "risky driving age" by insurance companies.

Not my fault tho, it was some senior citizen with his fly open that didn't yield. Fucked up his Skoda real good, fixed my car up for less than what his insurance paid out and spent the rest on beer and a new amplifier.
>>
>>16721589
Everyone should be required to retake the driving test every 5 years. That would solve a lot of shitty driving.
The US driving test should be made stricter so it's an actual test, not a rubber stamp.
>>
>>16722388
As long as it didn't have renewal fees I'd be fine with it. I can already see it turning into another revenue generator though.
>>
>>16721589
Teenagers have a higher accident rate than elderly people. You should be hailing the teens not the elderly
>>
>>16722460
Yeah but teens get into accidents because they're dumb. They are healthy and have good eyesight and able bodied. The poi t of elderly getting tested is they lose their eyesight, strength, or senility. A teen will say "dude watch this" as they fly 100mph down a 20mph road and crash into a tree when their car flies off the road. I'll people will run over a lady with her baby in a stroller crossing the street and keep driving with the bodies dragging below their car because they failed to notice that they hit anything.
>>
>>16721617
Old people arnt to issue here thought its the Asians with their buy one get one free licenses
>>
>>16721589
I work at a tire shop.

>Old lady old as shit driving her 197x C20
>drives over a curb
>hits one car trying to park
>takes up 3 spots with shitty parking
>comes up to show room
>"I need 4 tires."
>okay, so you know what kind you're looking for?
>she stands there, jaw hanging, staring at me angrily
>"I'm old! I don't know!"
>She wants the best tires we have
>$188 per tire
>$949 after taxes
>give he awesome discount
>down to $803.64
>not good enough for her
>she wants to spend $300
>no
>she leaves and swipes a light pole trying to leave the shop lot
>cuts off a kid in his subie
>>
>>16721943
Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKD-eWyZK4
>>
>>16723994
What do you even mean? Or are you being edgy
>>
File: 1466954563842.jpg (63KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466954563842.jpg
63KB, 720x480px
>>16724386
a lot of the Chinese in NZ don't seem to know how to drive especially in Auckland, then never look or use indicators just turn, jumping lights the worst if the road is windy they will cross the center line all the time plus hazard lights to them means they can park anywhere

The stereo type of the Chinese being poor drivers seems to be real

The Japs and Koreas seem to be decent drivers
>>
>>16721939

Honestly, it fucks with me now. I'm in my 40's and I've already noticed my reaction times aren't what they used to be. My dad stopped driving in his 60's, though mostly do to his failing health. My mom is in her 70's and still drives but she has a very "fuck it" attitude while doing it and has nearly side-swiped cars with me as a passenger.
>>
>>16721634
Not all old people, but the vast majority yeah.

I've seen a few old fucks around my area that drive like they're teenagers, though. Overtaking me going 90 when I'm already going 70-75 in their fucking Buicks.
>>
You shouldn't put them in a home over 70, everyone should be required to re-take the test every 10 years, period. Renewal test is a total joke, they just check if you're blind. You can use your good eye and quite literally be half blind and still pass as long as you keep quiet about it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.