[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Celica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Toyota_Celica_GT_(UK).jpg (2MB, 2364x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_Celica_GT_(UK).jpg
2MB, 2364x1629px
>192hp
>2,650lbs

Are these decent cars /o/?
Why/Why not?
>>
>>16718536
I had one
2001 gts 6 speed
Mint
135k miles on it
paid 3800 bucks

Drove for a bit, enjoyed it even though its slow and handles like a boat. Had to replace the lift bolts that snap in half (look it up if you want). Sold for 5k

It was alright but the motors cant take boost or anything. Pretty much at the limit when you get it
>>
>>16718536
>French Wheel Drive
>>
>>16718546
>at the limit when you get it
For how heavy it is that's pretty sad.
>>
>>16718609
yep

thats why they literally have a kit to swap the 2zz for a k20

but why would you do that when you could just buy a honda
>>
>>16718536
Get any previous generation
Gt4s can take 600hp
>>
4spd auto is garbage and can't use the GTS engine properly

6spd manual has the gears too close on the shifter and everybody destroys the engine money shifting in the section of the power band that makes power.
>>
File: 1354875.jpg (9KB, 346x73px) Image search: [Google]
1354875.jpg
9KB, 346x73px
>>
>>16718536
I don't know, but they're too ugly for me to find out.
Get a Prelude, they're better for your eyes.
>>
They handle great for a front wheel drive car. Reliable as hell too, my dad's only had to replace a few small things on his from 1999 that he's daily driven ever since

Overall a great daily driver
>>
>>16719684
How can you say that the Gen 7 is ugly? What is ugly about it?
>>
>>16719820
Look at the cunt, its alate 90s early 00s wedge, it looks like shitty boiled crap, 6th gen looks like an autistic whale but even that's better
>>
>>16720244
This, the styling is fucking garbage and the wannabe sportscar rice is on par with the Tiburon in terms of deception.

The only thing a Celica will do for you OP is make you look like an autistic fuccboi.
>>
File: 20161016_161914.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_161914.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
It's a polarizing car, people either hate it or love it. I daily an 04 gts, and I love it.

>>16718546
I definitely don't agree on it handling like a boat. My fiance drives an 04 malibu and that, handles like a boat. I did throw 25mm spacer adapters on mine aND I could feel a definite difference, can't imagine what some good suspension parts could do for it. Also the lift bolts are a wear item, they need to be replaced every 10k or 20k miles, can't remember exactly. It's a pretty simple job, took me an afternoon the first time I did it, just gotta take off the valve cover. Break em and you're in trouble though, much more involves to fix that.

Absolutely agree that it's at close to the limit on reliable power out of the box though. But if you don't care all that much, throw an Invidia n1 exhaust on and listen to it scream.
>>
>>16722378
With good tires and suspension it has so much grip that the engine suffers oil starvation and needs an upgraded oil pan during hard cornering.
>>
I had one of these a while ago. The handle very well. It does look faster than what it really is but it's a fun car even with FWD. Reliable to.

Despite having a good experience with the car, I wouldn't buy another one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.