[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Hi there! As an absolutely new to car modification, I would really like to know some basics to understand, what and how could be done to a car. I understand a basic "How it's done", but to make my dream come true (I really want to build an awesome powerful retro Saab or Volvo for myself) I reallt want to dive into details. Any info such as books/videos/interviews/web sites would be very helpful.
>>
what kind of modification are you interested in?
Speed & style or style only?
>>
>>16717506
both
Wanna know how to swap an engine, how to tune transmissions, which to choose and so on
>>
but what if you only want to to modify the performance?
>>
>>16717555
that's my main goal
That's why I want to have something to learn from actually
>>
>>16717517
>tuning transmissions
You can change your final drive ratio but that's about it.
>>
the best performance mod you can invest in is lessons from a racing driver
>>
There's the "-to win" series of books. I'm assuming you already know the nuts and bolts stuff.
>>
>>16717604
no, I man if I swap an engine to a bigger and more powerful one or add turbochargers to the existing one, which transmission should i get to replace the stock one?
Because I don't think it would be capable of managing triple the power
>>
>>16717621
it won't help me off the line, I guess
if I get lucky, maybe it could become my sort of small business
>>
Learn how to drive first.
Before you start building anything make sure you understand the components of the car. Read a bunch of books to learn how cars work.
You already said big engine and turbo but these do not necessarily mean a faster car.
Learn the trade before doing something.
I suggest buying Revell engine models for starters
>>
>>16717629
Typically you replace the trans when doing an engine swap. Boosting the car is usually fine because boost isn't at full power all the time unless the trans is straight up glass like a WRX's 5-speed.
>>
>>16717774
Even then, look up car specific forums, they do some good walkthroughs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.