[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Torque Converters work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

How do Torque Converters work?
>>
By Youtube.. And Internet..

But they use oil and they slosh it around.. Fill your mouth with semen, the. Squirt it at something, the thing falls over.. Thats basically it..

Also QTDDTOT
>>
>>16716864
how far can you spit semen, anon?
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (55KB, 700x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
55KB, 700x415px
ancient space magic.
>>
There are two turbines, one is the input and spins the fluid, which spins the second turbine. At a set RPM, they lock because slippage is no longer needed.
>>
there are two fans (essentially) immersed in liquid. When the fan connected to the engine spins, it moves the liquid, spinning the fan connected to the transmission. When you reach a certain speed, these two fans lock together so that you're getting 100% of the power transmission.

This is why you can sit at a red light with your foot on the brake and the engine won't stall, but it will creep forward when you take your foot off.
>>
>>16716866
Far enough to make a complete mess of you, darling.
>>
>>16716860
Input shaft (from the engine) spins a propellor. First propellor spins fluid in a casing. Fluid spins second propeller.

Without any load on the engine, the fluid doesn't get spun hard enough, and the second propeller doesn't spin - the car doesn't move. When the engine starts revving up, it spins the propellers hard enough to get moving.
>>
>>16716876
Not to say you are wrong: but not all cars have Lock Up Torque Convertors.

Although they should all have them.
>>
>>16716883
Why should they?
>>
>>16716888
Because at "highway speeds" they connevt the gearbox and the engine together directly, so you dont have to rev the engine higher the fling more somalian semen to spin the wheels.

It just drops a few hundred rpm of your cruising speed.
>>
File: 1447691294561.png (19KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1447691294561.png
19KB, 666x666px
>>16716860
my soul for a 2002
>>
>>16717009
i know that feel bro
>>
>>16716860
those are some gay looking cars
>>
>>16716888
torque converters rely on slip to transmit power
no slip no power
but the slip means that your engine is turning faster than it should (while making just as much torque)
Power is torque multiplied by rotational speed
By engaging the lockup-clutch, you no longer need 10-20% slippage to transmit your torque, therefore your engine burns that much less fuel.
>>
>>16717736
t. low test faggot
>>
>>16716877
London????
>>
>>16717777
Mogadishu, Somalia my love
>>
>>16717009
My soul for a Fulvia, because muh V4
>>
Imagine a bowl of pancake batter. Stirring the bowl without touching it is how it transfers power to the transmission. At a stop, put your hand on the bowl but keep stirring because that's the engine running.
>>
>>16717009
>>16717720
They're not even expensive
>>
>>16718887
nah they got boomer taxes now.
>>
>>16716860
They've changed a little over time, but this is essentially how.

https://youtu.be/xm8EHTTNPEg
>>
>>16716860
fluid coupling
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.