[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Driving Standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: woah.jpg (24KB, 267x398px)
woah.jpg
24KB, 267x398px
Guys I'm looking at doing a PT job as a valet and the description says I must know how to drive auto and manual. Auto is easy, but I've never driven manual. I don't know anybody with a manual car so I can't practice. Please teach me how to drive/give sources I can read and watch please, thank you.

If I'm understanding the process correctly, it should go something like this:

>Get in car
>Keep foot on brake, jiggle the gearstick (left to right) to make sure I'm in neutral while checking that the handbrake is on
>If so, keep foot on brake and clutch at the same time and crank the engine
>Started, OK cool
>Keep foot on brake, release hand brake, give some gas, take foot off brake and hit the clutch and shift to first gear and start going
>Park car and be cool
>>
>>16716293
Here's the how to:
>Step 1: Ask on 4chan
>Step 2: Realize you're a fucking idiot
>Step 3: Watch 5 minute youtube video
>Step 4: Whatever you do, do NOT practice in a car, the more you read/watch the same simple steps, the more you'll learn exactly the motions you need to do!
>Step 5: You can now drive a manual
>>
>>16716293
Take the job OP, you don't really need to practice on a manual vehicle to learn manual
>>
>>16716319
>Step 1: Ask on 4chan
Seems like good advice

>Step 2: Realize you're a fucking idiot
I already knew that thanks

>Step 3: Watch 5 minute youtube video
There are like a thousand videos over 10 minutes long, if you know of a good short one to the point please post it

>Step 4: Whatever you do, do NOT practice in a car, the more you read/watch the same simple steps, the more you'll learn exactly the motions you need to do!
gee thanks anon

>Step 5: You can now drive a manual
sweet

>>16716347
i'll take the job, but i don't wanna drop my spaghetti if/when a manual car comes along
>>
>>16716368
>i'll take the job, but i don't wanna drop my spaghetti if/when a manual car comes along

Well that sucks because I was being sarcastic and there is no way you will not drive like shit (if at all) the first time you sit in a manual and the only training you had consisted in YouTube videos and 4chan posts

Either pay for some driving lessons or borrow someone else's car to practice you sperg
>>
>>16716378
>Either pay for some driving lessons or borrow someone else's car to practice you sperg

Don't know anyone with a manual car and I can't pay for a driving lesson because no money because no job :^)
>>
>>16716415
Then get another job or just lie and hope they don't ask you to drive a manual
>>
>>16716415
Well too bad, you can't learn to drive a manual on the Internet having never sat in one before. Time to kill yourself.
>>
>>16716378
The first time I ever drove a manual was after lying to my sister-in-law and telling her I'd driven one before and needed to borrow her car so I could make it to class. I literally got in it and drove away. Didn't even one time stall it, and ended up buying it from her (she couldn't drive a stick. Idk why she even bought it in the first place).
>>
>>16716421
thanks

>>16716424
ive sat in the passenger seat of manual cars before (prior to having my license)

>>16716428
nice.
>>
>>16716430
The best advice I can give you is SLOWLY let the clutch out, and when the RPMs start dropping give it some gas
>>
>>16716437
thank you anon for the advice, I'll keep that handy.
>>
Whats driving standard? like within the law?
>>
Since there will be shiloads of different cars you will sit in for the first time, before actually going you should feel where is that boundary in a clutch between a go and no-go
>>
>>16716458
???

>>16716480
are you talking about the bite point?
>>
>>16716454
More tips.
When the car starts moving when you clutch out, don't get excited and drop it. You have to hold it at the bite point until you reach a sufficient speed to drive fully clutched out, and that's where you release it.
Where that sufficient speed is, you have to feel. It comes naturally.
This is where most people stall.

Also clutch in and then brake when coming to a stop, otherwise you'll stall.
>>
are there any cars where the clutch vibration is not very noticeable when it's about to stall? I pretty much just use the vibration as indicator to slow down or push the clutch back in a bit. No need to let the clutch out in one full motion, learning that you can correct it means that you'll never ever stall.

Same thing with hill starts, so you can keep your foot on brake while trying to find the bite point first.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.