[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Story time: Dumb mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
maxresdefault.jpg
1B, 486x500px
So back before I knew anything about cars, my first car was a 03 Camry V6. I was once asked by a soccer Mom in a parking lot to help jump her car. I told her I'd never done it before but that I would do my best. I got the owner's manual and followed the instructions, it warned not to remove/attach a particular end of the cable at one point, warning that it could cause an explosion... She kept telling me this wasn't true, and when I told her I'm sorry I'm not going to do exactly what this says not to do, she grabbed the cables and told me to fuck off. A 40 something year old woman told 16 year old me to fuck off. I felt horrible for months after.

Was I really so wrong without knowing better to follow the manual? Anyways, poast moar fuckups either from you or others, with or without car know-how
>>
>>16709458
You did fine its your car and yould fuck up the electrical. But the stranger wouldnt have paid for fucking up your ride
>>
File: hhnnnggg.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
hhnnnggg.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16709458

She asked you for help and then told you to fuck off? Sounds like a bitch who wants to wait for a tow truck.

Don't offer to jump peoples' cars, half the time it's a scam. Either they want you to "cause damage to their vehicle" and then give them a few hundred outside of insurance, or the car is a fucking shitpile and the battery isn't the problem and you're wasting time.

If your car dies and you can't push start it, you deserve to be stuck.Or you can call your autoclub and have them boost you, or call a friend for the same. But don't be putting that on strangers, that's a nigger thing to do.

And if you're novice at something, always follow the written instructions. And if there are no instructions, assume you're better off blindfolded with clubhands than you are listening to a 40-something soccer mom who let her battery die. Stupid hussy.
>>
>>16709458
no you did right. many people are hateful. your biggest mistake was agreeing to help someone. lesson learned i hope.

>explode
you have to charge the battery incorrectly for a while before this would happen and many batteries will vent off before they pop

just a fyi
>>
File: pepecalm.gif (1B, 486x500px)
pepecalm.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>16709493

>your biggest mistake was agreeing to help someone.

Sad but true.
>>
>>16709481
i only jump someones car if A. its much newer than my car and B. they arent a rude shit about it

Last person i gave a jump start to was a construction worker in a 2013 silverado in my 1990 f-250
>>
File: ryan_reynolds.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ryan_reynolds.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16709514

did he give good head?
>>
>>16709524
of course, expected of a real gentleman
>>
>>16709458
>dad says I should go in garage with him one day so he can teach me about cars
>he is working on the engine, deep in this shit
>he tells me to loosen some nuts, hands me breaker bar
>dont know what im doing, put bar on nut
>over torque it, break that shit
>he gets mad, tells me to get away and that im stupid
He apologized later though, promised to be more patient and taught me a bunch of stuff
>>
>>16709524
Ha good shit
>>
File: mm3.png (1B, 486x500px)
mm3.png
1B, 486x500px
>>16709535

>I was 21 at the time, but we've made great strides since then
>last week he let me drink the used motor oil
>>
>>16709535
You are a disappointment. I bet he regretted not aborting you.
>>
legally, the manual has to say that. Most people just connect the negative end anyways. The concern is setting off hydrogen gas -> boom. I had a batter that would not fucking jump unless the negative was connected, but most people do not connect the negative end and instead ground it to some metal on the car. You did fine, people are just terrible
>tfw some older black guy blew his tire at a gas station
>was asking where to buy tires nearby
>asks to borrow a jack and if I could drive'em to get a tire
>was like why not
>ends up paying me $50 for my time and helping him out since a tow would have been $180 + his tire cost
Tried to turn down the money since I've had a lot of car trouble before and it's not like I had shit to do that day, but hey $50 is $50.
>>
>>16709568
Nigga I was 8
>>
>>16709588
Ayy check those 8 dubs
>>
nice, well thanks guys, I feel a bit better now. I think what it was now was that it was saying to first attach black to frame of car, and then attach to battery, but she wanted to take the things from me and do it herself, and I was like "no I'm sorry you're not touching my car, I want to help but it says to do it this way and you're refusing to let me do it the way it says"
>>
>>16709697
actually most people do it her way. but if a woman was so familiar with how to jump her car its a little odd. but its correct just to clamp it so some bolt next to the frame or the frame. actually its a good way to make sure all connections are working that you see that little spark when you connect to the frame.
>>
>>16709458
i drove to work without realizing i didnt have my glasses on halfway
>>
>>16709481
What type of fucked up place do you live where people asking for boosts is a scam?
>>
i was boosting my motorcycle from my own car and some retard came over telling me how to do it (wrong) as if i hadn't done it a million times correctly

i didn't tell him to fuck off in so many words
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.