[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loan without cosigner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: O.O.jpg (54KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
O.O.jpg
54KB, 639x478px
So I've got this nice job, making roughly $5,000/mo and I've decided on getting me a collector vehicle, something for fun.
Tracked something down, absolutely love it, and I have all my ducks in a row, except I need to take out a $16,000 loan and I don't have enough credit history despite my good credit score to get it without a cosigner. Aaaand none of my family support my decision to get myself a new toy, so I have no one to cosign for me.

Wtf do I do?
>>
save up for the next one that comes along
>>
>>16708710
I will be your cosigner if you agree to be my gf
>>
File: Unimog 404.jpg (72KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
Unimog 404.jpg
72KB, 500x482px
>>16708716
OP here
I'm sure this is one of the most common excuses, but I doubt another one exactly like this one will come around again.
It's a modified 1965 Mercedes Unimog 404, radio box. The box was cleared out and made into a camper, and I've heard this is actually not an uncommon practice, but all the other Unimog campers I see are not only usually a lot more expensive than this one, but look ugly af in my opinion.
Apparently other people have been inquiring about this one for sale, so I wanna snatch it up before someone else does. I've pretty much secured it, talked to the seller and everything. Told him I'd talk to my bank and get back to him sometime within the week.

pic related
>>
>>16708787
i'm speaking from experience

i own 5 vehicles (6 including the one that was stolen and never recovered)

i'm not rich but i make decent money, but the worst trap you can get caught in is paying off loans on vehicles you can't use..

something will inevitably break and parts are hard to come by on a 50 year old truck

just wait until you have the funds
>>
>>16708911
something good ALWAYS comes along because people always buy things on credit that they can't really afford
>>
>>16708710
how do you make $5k/month if i may be so rude to ask?
>>
>>16708922
I'm a pipeliner in the Bakken
>>
>>16708943
did you just start? what is your job? has anyone told you that pipeline (and construction in general) is a feast or famine situation?
>>
>>16708977
I did relatively recently start, about 3 months ago. I'm still technically a hand, but I can fuse poly pipe, although I'm still a novice. Also next in line to learn to operate a tracko.
Fortunately for myself, my old man's best friends with my project manager (guy makes 6 figures) so he's looking out for me
>>
>>16709043
A classic car is a toy and you should never finance toys.
>>
>>16709066
This

Just wait till you actually have the money.

Also, 5k/month is like first year out of college type shit, 60k a year is piss. Maybe think about your financial future before buying a 16k car.
>>
>>16709157
This

You should be saving/investing 40-60% of your income. Assuming an ROI of 5% and a safe withdrawal of 4% you're pretty much able to retire in 9-10 years with a savings rate of 60%
>>
>>16708710
>I don't have enough credit history
Get a couple of secured credit cards. You should be getting a better score than a car m8.
>>
File: ass.jpg (58KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
58KB, 525x503px
>>16708710
Get a new family
>>
>>16708710

Good rule of thumb -

>if you can't afford to pay cash for something, you can't afford it.

That goes double for cars. If you're really making $5,000 per month then you'll be able to afford a decent car by summer. Personally, I'd keep saving and buy next year in that situation. Don't be one of those nigger-rich morons that's spends his money as fast as it comes in.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.