[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Probe GT legit /o/ material?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Is a Probe GT legit /o/ material?
>>
File: pbase.jpg (221KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
pbase.jpg
221KB, 1024x683px
>>16706212

>DOHC Mazda V6 designed by Porsche for F1 in the 80s
>shorter stroke than an Integra Type-R
>manual
>7500rpm redline
>KLZE swap, cross-pollination with supercharged KJ-ZEM Miller Cycle engine possible
>decent handling for FWD
>no stupid electronic nannies
>glorious pop-up headlights
>4-wheel discs
>decent aftermarket
>dat V6 howl

I've had two of them and currently own a 4-cyl base model looking for another GT. If you can get past the FWD autism, it has very neutral handling especially for FWD. An Addco 22mm rear swaybar cures understeer and can actually result in snap oversteer if you're cocky. It'll knock on the door of 140mph out of the box and with a bolt-on KLZE swap that becomes 150.

Pic related my 4-cyl copy. Has the GT's suspension bits plus some minor suspension upgrades. Has made it almost 300k on the factory sealed motor. The only downside these days is finding a clean copy that isn't automatic.
>>
File: wildorchid1.jpg (264KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wildorchid1.jpg
264KB, 1024x768px
Probe's are awesome. I've had eight or nine of them since the late nineties; 4's and 6's, manuals and autos, nice and beaters... Even had an MX6 thrown in there. I've swapped KLZE's into three of them, complete with burning new EPROM's for the ECU's to support the proper VRIS engagement points and timing changes due to the different cams and compression ratios.

Long story short... I love these cars. I still have two of them... 94 Wild Orchid GT's....

They are a bit on the heavy side for some peoples taste... And some people pooh pooh them for being FWD. But ya know what, people need to get over the fact that not everyone must have RWD or else 'zomg loser'. Pssh.

A KLZE swapped Probe GT, manual trans, lowered with some good suspension components, is a pleasure to drive.

Oh... If you come across one (good luck; Cash 4 Clunkers screwed up the supply chain for Probe's and MX6's), carry a spare disty so when the igniter takes a shat, you can get yourself back on the road quick. Or wire up a GM HEI igniter.

Pic is not of my car, but of another wild orchid 94.
>>
>>16706212
nice rx-7 mate
>>
>>16708433
>good luck; Cash 4 Clunkers screwed up the supply chain for Probe's and MX6's

yeah the whole 1 1995 Probe 23 1992 Probes and 0 MX-6s sent in really hurt supplies
>>
>>16706212
It's an MX6, it's ok.
>>
>>16706240
>v6
>howl
like a dying elephant
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.