[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-Driving Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What does /o/ think of them? Will they actually improve society? And what's going to stop some cunt from just walking in front of them to rob you?
>>
Nothing. They'll only cause massive inconveniences (accidents and traffic jams) for everyone until governments decide to cut people's freedom of movement, only to benefit a few megacorps in the name of "common good".
>>
It sounds good on paper, but I think it'll be one of those things that fuck me over upon widespread execution.
>>
>>16705778
>What does /o/ think of them?
Flames, trolling. Same as they think of everything else.
>Will they actually improve society?
They'll improve traffic and make roads way way safer for those of us who enjoy driving ourselves.
>And what's going to stop some cunt from just walking in front of them to rob you?
What's to stop some cunt doing it now?
>>
>>16706307
This
>>
>>16706307
>What's to stop some cunt doing it now?
The driver's ability to ram past them in self defense, or to try and drive around them.

Fully autonomous vehicles only have a start and stop button, no manual override.
>>
>>16706307
I'll make mouth love to you with the barrel of my shotty
>>
>>16707015
>The driver's ability to ram past them in self defense
Would disable any post-2000 car.
>or to try and drive around them.
Self-driving cars can't do that?
>Fully autonomous vehicles only have a start and stop button, no manual override.
Stops normies getting hold of the controls and trying to drive.
>>
>>16706307
Agreed.

I have too many friends who I refuse to ride with anymore because they'll start messing with their phone while in traffic on the freeway. One totaled his old Honda by pulling out on a small highway in front of someone doing 65, and he hasn't learned his lesson.

If widespread implementation happens very slowly and incrementally so that automakers actually have time to do a good job then I'm okay with it. I feel like most of the people who will start using it are the ones I don't want driving in the first place.

>>16689393
This whole thread has had a decent discussion about how most drivers are idiots and modern safety features have kept the degree of roadway lunacy down even with the mass idiocy. Self-driving cars done right will be another needed idiot-control.

>>16707015
So we require self-driving cars to come with a manual mode. Easy solution.

Solves the issue of newly constructed roads or rural roads not being on the car's GPS map too.
>>
>>16705778
I hate them so much for no rational reason. They are ugly and take away from "muh driving experience" and all the added shit to make driving easier makes people dumber and they still manage to crash.
Don't tread on my hooning rights reeeee
>>
>>16705778
It's another technological nanny that enables people to be lazy fat fucks while putting no effort or concentration into their lives.

I wonder how much longer people can be this lazy before society just collapses under the weight.
>>
>>16707979
>"everyone is so lazy," he whines on 4chan, taking another gulp of mountain dew and wiping the cheeto dust off his fingers, doing absolutely nothing productive to society
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.