[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why? Please, tell me why this piece of shit brand exist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: DS-logo-2009-1920x1080[1].png (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS-logo-2009-1920x1080[1].png
145KB, 1920x1080px
Why?

Please, tell me why this piece of shit brand exist.
>>
Literally who?
>>
File: ds3[1].jpg (182KB, 1959x1102px) Image search: [Google]
ds3[1].jpg
182KB, 1959x1102px
>>16702144
The luxury wannabe PSA "division", they actually rebadge Citroen and Peugeots into horrible looking cars which are expensive beyond autism for what they are (rebadged Citroen and Peugeots).
>>
only a mater of years before they go away
>>
File: IMG_0171.jpg (2MB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0171.jpg
2MB, 2048x1370px
In China Citroen sells a lot of cars but they are shit-tier.
Citroen wants to sell """upmarket""" cars to middle class Chinks who are put off by the negitive stigma of the chevron badge.
>>
>>16702161
isn't that just a citroen DS3
>>
>>16702161

DS is just to Citroen what Lexus is to Toyota. It's nothing special and the cars aren't too bad.
>>
File: ds-performance-line_10[1].jpg (361KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
ds-performance-line_10[1].jpg
361KB, 1600x1067px
>>16702204
It is, but it's also a rebadged Citroen C3 or Peugeot 208 with harsh suspension because luxury = being uncomfortable
>>
>>16702204
Now DS is a separate maker, before they were sold as Citroen DS3/4/5.

Still, they're only rebadged existing PSA without any single technical improvement or exclusive plaftorm.

>>16702218

Lexus has got exclusive models and engines (more refined and better suspension schemes, etc..), also their cars are really more exclusive than then a Toyota. The DS cars don't.
>>
>>16702234

Citroen started selling them as Citroen DS3/DS5 etcetera before making it a stand alone brand. So nowadays their cars are exclusive to the DS brand. Of course they share platforms and engines with other PSA brands but it is their long term plan to become more like Lexus in the sense that it will be increasingly more exclusive and distinctive to other PSA brands.
>>
>>16702144
A part of Citroën that was separated from the main marque in order to keep better control over its image, open its own showrooms dedicated to its models instead of sharing space with entry-level sity cars, vans and people carriers. They hoped it would help create a more "prestigious" brand and separate that part of the production from the more utilitarian elements of Citroën. It sort of worked but it's still very far from creating a luxury brand as they hoped. Which is good since each and every french luxury brand is cursed from its first day and never does well, ever.
>>16702161
Literally none of this is true. The "rebadged" models was only the very first that was used to revive the DS name and create the brand. Every DS ever since 2009 has been its own thing and has no exact equivalent in Citroën's main C line (and parts of Peugeot's production since a good half of it is shared with Citroën). There are shared elements of course but if a car that shares bits with another is a rebadged version, then I guess Bentleys are rebadged VW Golfs.
>>
>>16702140
Rising Chinese middle class.

/Thread.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.