[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dscf0362.jpg (2MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
dscf0362.jpg
2MB, 3648x2432px
Why is it that every car I ever look at seems to have the following going on.

Blown Ball Joints
Bad or Wiggly Wheel Bearings
Blown Shocks\Struts
Dry Rotted or Missing Bushings

It seems that people think that maintaining a vehicle comes down to 19.99 oil changes (if your lucky) and gasoline\diesel.

So /o/ what is your experiencing with this shit?
>>
they are common things that wear out on every car over time. Most people just don't care about fixing it.
>>
I've been thorough whenever buying a vehicle for myself or when going with a friend to look at one, and I can confirm; you see the stupidest shit and you're just left wondering how people dont notice or just accept it as normal
>>
File: Icarebecause.jpg (12KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
Icarebecause.jpg
12KB, 298x292px
>>16700982
These are some of those common components to fail. So, of course, you'll see a lot of failed BJs and blown shockers. I was a bus mechanic for 5 years and we were changing all of these with bald tyres, worn down brake pads 'n' discs or shoes 'n' drums or even mysterious oil and fuels leaks from nowhere...
>>
>>16701009

>my brake pedal has been pulsating for years
>my steering wanders wildly everytime I hit a pothole
>air bubbles come out of the overflow everytime I turn off
>there is a loud WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP connected directly to the pedal pulsations (really bad rotor)
>steering creaks and clunks
>rear suspension clunks

I know all these require repairs and I am more than capable but I use it as an offroad wheel barrow and spend my $$ on the other car.

It's not fair really, one doing all the work and the other getting all the funding.
>>
>>16701294
Please repair your vehicle
>>
>>16701050
OP Here, I know that they all wear, its just amazing that people don't notice this shit until your stranded on the side of the road.
>>
Use it to your advantage. Those things are pretty cheap (unless you have some kind of exotic car) and easy to replace, but you can knock $300-800) off the price for each of those boxes that a car you're looking at ticks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.