[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1467974794460.jpg (196KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
1467974794460.jpg
196KB, 960x925px
>bought car new
>still under warranty, the trans grinds when going from 1st to 2nd (directly) when it's cold outside
>doesn't grind if after 1st I let it go to N and then 2nd
>doesn't grind in any other situation
>take it to the dealer
>get a call
can't replicate the symptoms
>take the car home, check the dashcam
idiot tech redlined it less than a minuted after start (turbo engine)
>go back to the dealer
>show them the symptoms
>the tech immediately say it's most likely an engine mount or some shifter bushings
this matches what people on the forums say
>leave
>get a call later
all the cars on the lot have the same symptoms (same make and model), we can't find the cause
but if you continue to drive it, damage will occur
>go back to the dealer, make them to give me all this in writing
>including that I have to let it idle for 3-4 minutes before driving
>go home
>check dashcam
>they didn't do anything to it
NOTHING
>go back and tell the manager about the dashcam
yeah ... about that redline, give me the video and I'll teach the techs how to drive
if you don't like what we did, go somewhere else
>this is the 3rd dealership that tells me something along the lines of
"yes, it's grinding, so what? we won't do anything, go somewhere else if you don't like it!"
>>
Subaru?
>>
>>16700677
forgot to add
>talked to the manufacturer
>lawerish stuff that basically says the same thing
ok, ok, deal with it because we won't do anything about it

so?
talk to a lawyer?
go to a local TV station?
call BBB?

>>16700681
mazdaspeed3
>>
Gather all of the stuff you've recorded and the stuff you've gotten in writing and go to a lawyer
>>
In the end, I only want a new rear engine mount and new shifter bushings ...
am I greedy to want them for free (covered by the powertrain warranty)?
>>
>>16700699
No, a warranty is a warranty
>>
OP must be a cunt since three dealerships are telling him to fuck off rather than making shit up to at least get some sort of money from the manufacturer.
>>
>>16700729
nah man mazda dealerships are literally the worst, I had a MS3 with a CEL and couldn't figure out the issue take it to them
>they just say "you're gonna need a new engine"
don't diagnose anything just jump to the worst conclusion
>>
>>16700684

Its 2017, how exactly did you buy the car new and still have any warranty
>>
File: 1475591381716.gif (622KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1475591381716.gif
622KB, 375x211px
>>16700677

>Let it go
>The genie is ready

Everytime
>>
File: 1469476830486.gif (2MB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
1469476830486.gif
2MB, 476x268px
>>16700769
(really) late model 2012
the warranty expires in august this year
cold weather is almost gone ...
>>16700753
I also had a (blinking) CEL after a hard acceleration (with a huge cloud of black smoke behind me)
they did a reflash (apparently there's a TSB about this), everything works fine now
but they told me that (although, by definition, anything CEL related and not user's fault, should be powertrain) I might still have to pay for diagnosis
>>16700778
if it was for me, I'd have sold the car a few years ago my wife loves the car so I'm trying to do the most I can to keep it with minimal expenses
>>
>>16700684
>mazdaspeed3
Holy fuck, I have an RX8 that was flawless till I took it to the dealer to check on a studering engine problem. Friend of my ran a program and said car was retuned poorly. Just need it flashed.
Got car back. Burned clutch, bald rear tires, 2nd gear is BROKEN and my rear control arms are snapped.
Brought car back, threatened I would be sued if I ever came back.
Living in Nevada, there is no law to protect me and I was past the "lemon law" dates. Replaced all the parts, re-tuned, car runs perfectly again.
Fuck mazda techs, man. Just document it and wait for a class action.
>>
>>16701946
If it's like this when still under warranty, get rid of it ASAP. When august is here and the warranty is gone, all hell WILL break loose. Screw what the wifey says. Or she pays the repair bills.
>>
File: XTdSfRL.jpg (47KB, 500x929px) Image search: [Google]
XTdSfRL.jpg
47KB, 500x929px
OP here
>>16701987
this:
>>16701946
is not me
although I thought a few times about buying an RX8 ...
We'll see where all this goes and hopefully I'll be able to sell it while still under warranty
Now I just have to convince my wife to try the ... shit-storm incoming ... Fiesta ST

picture somehow related, I used to have one of those
OK car ...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.