[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Pumps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Does anyone know how these things work in particular pic related? A motorcyclist friend of mine says he never gets gas at one of these types of pumps because he gets premium gas and thinks if someone before him bought regular all of that regular gas is inside the fuel hose. Then when you push the premium button all of that regular gas will come out of the hose, could be quite a bit, before the premium finally flows out.

I use premium in my bike because I only get 4 gallons worth and my bikes kinda speedy.
>>
what does the manual say to use?
>>
File: IMG_4920.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4920.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16697722
Premium but that's not what I want to know
>>
>>16697698

Petrol doesn't sit around in the hoses, they drain completely when the pumps shut off.
>>
OP has a fair question. The reservoirs are usually a decent amount of distance underground and a pump had to add some fluid head to the regular gas up to the dispenser that doesn't just disappear when you select a different grade of gas. I doubt it flushes out the amount of normal gas that's held up in the line / hose itself when you switch grades, but the lines leading up to the pump are good. I'd say there's maybe a gallon of reg. gas in the line and then the rest if good?
>>
>>16697698

Your friend is a sperg the line will likely have a lower test grade of fuel left over, but it is 1/3 gallon max. It won't hurt your bike. If it would hurt your bike you would know it and you would be getting your fuel from VP or some other supplier of race fuel and not random gas stations
>>
File: fuel pump.jpg (557KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
fuel pump.jpg
557KB, 2688x1520px
>>16697698
At most you only get 1/4-ish of a gallon of whatever the person had before you. Nothing to worry about.
>>16697792
no it absolutely does not. There would be a second or two delay before fuel begins to pump if that was true and thats not how they work.
>>16697793
The different octanes are connected to the pump at the bottom of the dispenser.
>>
>>16697793
That's a ton of you're filing a bike with a 4 gallon tank. If you're just topping off it might mean that you're not getting any of the premium fuel you paid for.
>>
>>16697875
>That's a ton of you're filing a bike with a 4 gallon tank.
That's what I'm thinking. The place I go with the pumps like that has very long hoses so you can fill up either side.
>>
>>16697875
you dont get that much m8 otherwise you'd know about it when your engine started shitting itself.

right?
>>
>>16697898
>when your engine started shitting itself.
Or the knock sensor retards the shit out of your timing.
>>
>>16697851

>There would be a second or two delay before fuel begins to pump if that was true and thats not how they work.

>second or two delay

Dude, there's like a 5-10 second delay before fuel starts pumping with literally every petrol pump i've ever used.

I can't imagine Ausfalia would be radically different to the US, surely?

If there seriously isn't a huge delay on pumps in the US then i'd say you guys are absolutely getting fucked.
>>
I drive an old Cadillac. If this was the case, my shitter would have shaken itself apart by now.
>>
>>16698240
Different nossle and lines for each different fuel in Aus
>>
>>16698240
It usually takes a few seconds for the pump to turn on, and I'm pretty sure that's because the guy at the counter turn on the pump as some security thing.
>>16697698
Never seen a pump like this in Australia though. All out octanes have different hoses.
>>
>>16698550
>because the guy at the counter turn on the pump as some security thing
This is not true, I used to work at a gas station. Shit just pops in after a couple seconds of delay
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.