[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start getting into watching racing? Where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1487202631956.jpg (508KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1487202631956.jpg
508KB, 2048x1536px
How do I start getting into watching racing? Where do I start? Is there a website someone can recommend or something?
>>
>>16686569
What kind of racing

Do you like road cars, or do you like race cars
>>
>>16686590
I like road cars, but I'm willing to get into watching patrician race cars.
>>
Right now it's like the pre-season for most series so you'll get to go into series relatively fresh, most things are starting next month. There's a whole range of different kinds of racing though and it sort of depends what you're interested in.

motorsport.com has a really handy calendar
gpreplay.com is a good place to pirate vods of races after they happen
before the weekend someone will make a motor/sp/ort thread on /sp/ for the motorsport happening that weekend
/f1/ general is better for single seater stuff but the autism scales are pretty high

Bikes - MotoGP is the best of the top tier international series, even if you're not into bikes. The racing is fantastic.
Single Seaters - If you're gonna watch F1 then try and watch GP2 as well. Better racing, less drama.
GTs - Endurance racing is pretty great if you're technically minded and patient. 12 Hours of Sebring is next month some time. WEC should be pretty good even with spec LMP2s and only 2 teams in the highest division.
GTs - Blancpain GT streams live on youtube and has a great field and a great calendar and good production. Kicks off at the start of April and there's literally no reason not to check it out. There are also a range of regional GT series that can be worth checking out. IMSA runs them in America? Super GT should be getting streamed with english commentary on NISMO's youtube.
Stock Cars - The Daytona 500 is this weekend. I don't know much about NASCAR but I know this is a big one.
>>
I've done some reading into this now, is there any website one suggests for a streams?
>>
Also this weekend is round 3 of the Formula E electric single seater championship. I know you already greentexting but they're light tourqey cars on road tires on street courses and it's usually pretty fun because of it.
>>
File: nissandoranjan28.jpg (1MB, 1920x1083px) Image search: [Google]
nissandoranjan28.jpg
1MB, 1920x1083px
>>16686702
if you like road cars then GT3 racing and touring cars would be a good place to start.
Blancpain GT series
SuperGT (Japan)
WEC (World Endurance Championship)
WTCC - world touring cars
BTCC - British touring cars
DTM (German manufacturers only)

Blancpain has sprint races and endurance races. So you can watch the shorter races before you get used to the longer races.

In the US
IMSA "Weathertech Sportscar Championship"
Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge - which uses racecars that are closer to street legal cars.
>>
>>16686702
Well, if you want to see both and youre American, then watch the IMSA Weathertech championship.

It's Endurance racing, which you might find boring, but give it a go.
>>
>>16686868
Formula e is interesting to watch because of the car change pit strategy/ energy mgmt. Kinda sad almost no one uses the fanboost due to the energy consumption though. I'm thinking of going to visit family in family in June to catch the NYC race.

Also WRC is the best motorsport to watch IMO
>>
If you like road cars very closely related to road going cars check out IMSA Continental series. I don't think it gets any TV coverage but IMSA.tv caries it. I think the st class is just about street legal with bolt on upgrades.
>>
>>16686569

you need a hat from the maker of that thing you bought one time.
>>
>>16686569
What kind of motorsport do you like? Do you even know what kind of motorsports there are or are you just interested in racing but don't know where to begin?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.