[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /o/ :^)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-02-17 20.05.17.png (816KB, 850x700px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-17 20.05.17.png
816KB, 850x700px
>1987 Toyota Supra

https://www.carsforsale.com/used-car-dealer/california-auto-expert-ontario-ca-d172344/inventory/details/22612489

>1991 Toyota MR2

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5997646122.html

I've been looking into getting another car which eventually I would give to my younger brother as his first car.

As you can see, I like Toyota, especially these two models. What can any of you that have had these cars tell me about them? Which is more of a bargain for it's name? What are the mechanical problems?

Also, between these two links, does anything look off? Do they seem trustworthy. I'll be looking at both of them next week.
>>
>>16686460
Supra
>>
>>16686460
Supra
>>
>>16686460
MR2, both because it is the superiour car (midship is life) and that it's not an autotragic.

132 thousand miles is a fair bit though, definitely inspect it first.
>>
Don't buy an SW20 made before 93 unless you want to snap oversteer into a pole.
>>
>>16686542
Sweet meme bro
>>16686508
My last 5 MR2s were over 200k miles. Youre insane
>>
>>16686550
>My last 5 MR2s were over 200k miles. Youre insane
You've also gone through 5 of them, and he wants to give the car to his brother, presumably in a few years.
I didn't tell him not to buy it, I told him to fucking LOOK AT IT.

>Nyet, MR2 is fine. Even OBSERVING MR2 shows you have no faith in car, and it will run poorly for lackings of trust.
>>
>>16686570
That's right. I know his first car isn't going to be a new car. I'm planning on giving it to him the following spring.

My first car, I bought with 140k miles and it never gave me problems. I kept up with maintenance.
>>
>>16686570
Im also over 30 years old.
Ive had plenty of cars for long periods of time.
Dont act like a know-it-all
132k is nothing
>>
Buy an MR2. They are more reliable, more fun (in my experience) and that sweet MR design.

I live for mid engine layouts.

However, if you are going to give it to your brother in a few years as a first car, I would be cautious about the MR2. My first car was an SW20, and I never suffered from snap oversteer outside of the track, but I know of people who did.
>>
Anything advice or knowledge on the Surpa?
>>
>tfw 2 months after getting married, unbeknownst to you, your new wife decides to take your '90 MK3 out for a joyride to see her sister just before the first snow of the season and while driving home hits a patch of ice while doing 70mph down a hill and plants the car directly into a concrete bridge pillar

The love of my life did not survive that crash but my wife walked away with only a sprained wrist
>>
>Mk3
Only if it's a turbo. Get the headgasket replaced with new ARP headbolts. Don't believe in the retorque meme, it'll still go eventually unless it's a fresh gasket. Other than that, it's probably a better first car as it's not hyper quick, it's heavy, and it's harder to kill yourself in. Unless throw money at it, 232hp isn't that much in a 3600lb targa top cruiser.
>>
>>16687083
Head bolt torque issue - Toyota wrote in the wrong torque specs for the cylinder head in the service manual, so gaskets would eventually wear out

It's a well documented issue and I'd be surprised to find a Supra that wasn't already fixed
>>
>>16688390
You'd be surprised how many are not fixed. And most people just retorque, but that's not really good enough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.