[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tint questions. I have a Camaro (pic related for reference) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7505.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7505.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Tint questions.
I have a Camaro (pic related for reference) and the places I've talked to have quoted me $250 all around for Suntek Ceramic ($400 including windshield) from the first place or $400 for DubIR ($600 including windshield) from the second place. I don't think DubIR is worth that much difference in price but I don't really know much about Suntek.
1) Would you guys also go Suntek in this case? I'd like to find a place that uses 3M Crystalline and get a quote but I haven't found one.
2) $250 all around seems pretty decent for ceramic, would you guys agree?

Legally I can go up to 25% (35% film with the factory tint) on the front windows. Tinting the windshield is illegal.
3) The Suntek Ceramic comes in 40%, not 35%. They do have Suntek Carbon which is cheaper, comes in 35%, BUT has 12-15% lower heat rejection than the Ceramic. Should I stick with the Ceramic and say screw it to getting as dark as possible?
4) Should I do the same % all around or go something like 40% front, 15% back and small windows? It's hard to tell from pictures if doing 2 different percentages looks bad because they rarely show the back and side windows together. I know this is an opinion but I'd still like the input. Difficulty seeing would also be a minor concern (since it's already pretty hard to see out of the rear windows of a Camaro)

5) Should I get the windshield tinted (at 80%) despite the illegality of it? I'm not very concerned about getting caught because I saw sample work of it done and they hide the edges perfectly and it's impossible to get the slip over VLT meters the cops use on the windshield. My main concern is visibility and glare from incoming headlights hitting the tint.

Thanks in advance for any input, I know it's all largely subjective but I've never had a car tinted before so I would appreciate opinions from people who have more experience.
>>
Wow looks like no one here knows anything about window tint.
I work as a tint installer in a body shop so I can probably help with some info.

I can't shine any light on suntek vs dubir because I've never worked with them, but for the prices you listed, I would go with the suntek. You wont be disappointed with ceramic tint.

As far as darkess, I would go as dark as you feel comfortable with. Having lighter windows in the front looks fine. My windows are all at 5%, but they used to be 5% in the back and 17% up front.

Have you considered getting an eyebrow instead of tinting the whole windshield?
Having the windshield done will likely increase the cost a lot, and it will be a big hassle if you need to remove it down the line.
I would recommend just getting an eyebrow applied to the top of the windshield as dark as they can go. Ask if you can sit in the car iwith the installer so you can tell them how low you want the eyebrow to go (mine is well over the legal line, but I've never been given any trouble over it).

Ask if you have other questions
>>
>>16686478
Thanks so much!

>Have you considered getting an eyebrow instead of tinting the whole windshield?
Yea, I don't really like how it looks. On top of that the AS1 line on the Camaro is literally nothing so legally it would be like a 1" strip which is dumb. Cops around here are way more likely to notice/hassle going over the AS1 line which they can see than they would be over a full tint where they can't notice it's obviously tinted. I think I'd rather go no tint on the windshield than an eyebrow desu.

Can't think of any questions other than what is in OP.
Does $250 for ceramic all around minus windshield sound like a good price? I may ask if they'll include the windshield for $350 total and make that the deciding factor.
>>
>>16685432
>tinting your car
nigger detected

>buying the new camaro
kill yourself
>>
Why do you need to tint a windshield on a Camaro of all things. You can't see anything out of it already, the windows are so tiny sun isn't coming in. If the windows are already 35% why are you even considering 40%?
>>
>>16687094
>If the windows are already 35% why are you even considering 40%
The windows aren't 35%, they're roughly 77%, so 35% is the most I can do to get it down to the legal limit of 25%.
>>
Update:
Called another place that uses Llumar CTX (ceramic).
Guy said he'd do it for $320 all around (minus the windshield) or $500 if I include the windshield.

From my understanding, Llumar CTX is surpassed only by 3M Crystalline and the big plus is I can go darker on the sides because it comes in 30% as opposed to the Suntek's 40%

tl;dr

>Llumar CTX for $500 which would give me 30% on the front sides
or
>Suntek ceramic for $400 which would give me 40% on the front sides

Basically comes down to whether the Llumar is a better product to the tune of $100 for a full tint including windshield and how much I rather have the extra 10% on the fronts.
>>
>>16685432
>>16686478
>>16687043
why does this feel like a shill/forum post?
>>
>>16688808
I mean it's probably something better suited to a forum, but I'm not a member of any and /o/ is the only car talk place I frequent.
Not sure why you'd assume shill since we're talking about multiple manufactures and local installers in an unspecified city...
>>
I have 25% suntek ceramic all around, none on the windshield though I don't understand why that is desirable

I paid $200 in cash they did a great job no bubbles or creases looks factory
>>
>>16687084
You are the only poor fag here. Faggots like you don't allow people to have serious dicussuions. Pls get a life.
>>
>>16688844

triggered tintfaggot detected
>>
>>16688835
>I don't understand why that is desirable
Heat rejection, glare reduction, makes the car a little darker overall when combined with tinting the other windows.
Makes the exterior look a bit better too because it's harder to see in and makes the windshield appear more reflective from the outside.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.