[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the pros and cons of owning a soft-top convertible/spyder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Audi-R8_Spyder_V10-2017-1280-27.jpg (102KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Audi-R8_Spyder_V10-2017-1280-27.jpg
102KB, 1280x960px
What are the pros and cons of owning a soft-top convertible/spyder car?
>>
>>16681281
Pros:
Wind through your hair
Chicks dig it
It's a motorcycle with 4 wheels to a woman
They generally are sporty intrinsically
Cons:
You can't open or close the top while moving in most cases
You can't listen to your eurobeat in an acoustically good environment
If you roll and you don't have roll loops, you die.
>>
File: 1464724912608.jpg (231KB, 1001x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1464724912608.jpg
231KB, 1001x1147px
>>16681281
Looks good with the top down, shit with the top up. So if you live somewhere like florida where you can always have the top down then go for it.
>>
Pros: They're usually pretty track oriented compared to sedans. If you want to get a fun car without doing your research they're what most people bet on.
Cons: Cold weather, piss poor security, eventual sealing problems, looking like a homo
>>
File: feels crappy man.jpg (12KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
feels crappy man.jpg
12KB, 208x250px
>>16681322
>looking like a home
Story time
>Be me
>19
>Live in beautiful Southern CA
>Drive convertible to a work meeting in Los Angeles, Corner of la cienega and slauson
>Leave at 1500 (3:00 PM)
>Hot , put top down at a stop light
>Navigation takes me through fucking lynwood
>MFW I have to put my top up for fear of being shot and drive around in this shitty looking misshapen coupe
>>
>>16681355
If you live in a crimey area, you shouldn't be driving a convertible.
>>
File: election night pep.jpg (96KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
election night pep.jpg
96KB, 390x390px
>>16681418
KEK
I live in OC, it was the drive back... through inglewood where i was in fear for my life... lookin around like a bitch with a price on his head.... tfw you're racists and it affects your life
>>
>>16681312
I have a r129 500sl
Bypassed the vss sensor that prevents the top from opening/closing while moving, shits great
>>
>>16681463
I have a jag.... im not getting into that lucas shit. Ill die. Also if you bypass the inertia lock for your top, won't the hoses be under extra stress when you raise the top at 50 mph???
>>
>>16681478
Yea but I just dont engage it past 20-30 mph. The way it works stock is that if you even move along at 5 mph it beeps and stops the roof even its half open and doesnt let it do anything until you come to a stop.
>>
>>16681312
Extra con: convertibles are fucking gay looking.
>>
>>16681319
>cracked peeling interior
>>
>>16681508
yeah I've had to pull to the shoulder because I chose the wrong time to try to take the top down. it got stuck on the fucking freeway.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.