[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Track toy/Daily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: blue-bmw-e36-near-fectory.jpg (171KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
blue-bmw-e36-near-fectory.jpg
171KB, 1600x1000px
I want a rwd track toy that I could also use as a daily, I'd also want to be able to give it some light mods. My budget is $5k. Been thinking about a Foxbody or an RX-8, any suggestions?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>16679801
>tracking your dd
Shiggy diggy.
>>
>>16679801
I'd recommend the fox body over the RX-8
more customization, more readily available parts
>>
>>16679801
RX-8 or a NA/NB Miata.

You need to at least double or even triple your budget to get a car that can reliably DD and go to the track that isn't either of the two (E46 M3, Corvette C5, NC Miata, S2000, FRS/BRZ).

And face it, the RX-8 is pretty unreliable with shit mpg.
>>
>>16679831
>RX-8 Unreliable
Not really, similar reliability to the miata other than factoring in an engine rebuild at 280-300k kms. (and lets be honest, by then the b6/bp is getting kinda tired too)

Fuel economy is the reason not to get the RX-8 for daily and track duties. And this guy is totally right, the car needs to be well and truly sorted and you need to know it inside and out before you're reliably DDing and tracking it on the weekend. You need to know what's wearing and what needs to be replaced before it goes.
>>
>>16679801
>Budget $5k

How much do you have to actually keep up with track fees, brake pads/rotors, tires, and fluids necessary for tracking your car?

Have you actually been to a track before?
>>
enjoy that miata.
>>
I would get a civic Si, or a VW Hot hatch if I were you, honestly.

Great daily drivability, great performance, cheap to own and maintain with huge aftermarket for small upgrades.
>>
>>16680389
not OP but what kind of budget is recommended?
>>
Mr2
>>
>>16680641
Double the car's value. Can you afford to write it off if you crash? Insurance won't cover track days and most reputable events will take down your insurance information just in case to prevent fraud.
>>
>>16680839
To be fair most places offer gap insurance for the day (Usually $100 for the event, give or take).

So it might be better to just buy a newer car like a FRS/BRZ, NC Miata, or S2000, then just change fluids, pads, and get tires.
>>
Assuming you're aware of the costs of licencing, insurance, consumables and preventative maintainence required for regular tracking?

Running a miata for 15 events a year will probably cost you in the region of 5-10k depending on how serious the events are.
>>
>>16680651
not op but mr2 is sexy. would maybe make me cheat on ae86
>>
>>16679810
I track my dd and its fine.
>>
>>16680615
This
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.