[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are modern cars really as shit as /o/ says?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (318KB, 1700x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1700x956px
Are modern cars really as shit as /o/ says?
>>
>>16673801
the majority of /o/ cant afford anything more than a bus pass
>>
>>16673801
I don't like the fact that many makers are doing infotainment bullshit and dropping performance abd actual quality for shit like plastic interiors and dinky 4 cylinder engines with low displacements with turbos
>>
>>16673801
>BMW M2
Fat overpriced and boring turbo-barge with no interior options and a 9:1 ratio of sales for autos compared to manuals.

Cars now are shit, but once EV's take off cars being a hobby will be dead forever. Drivetrains will all feel the same, no manuals ever, no interesting sound, no maintenance, huge weight and AWD will probably make up 95% of the market.
>>
>>16673807
dropping performance? cars are doing nothing but getting faster and faster every year. shit, the new A4s run the 1/4 in 13.9 seconds with their 'dinky 4 cylinder engine'. thats as fast as a stock V6TT B5 S4 and a 1970 buick gs 455 stage 1, the latter of which was the fastest muscle car of that era. a 12 second street car just 20 years ago would destroy anything on the road and was virtually unheard of. nowadays half the 'performance' cars you see on the road run 12s from the factory.
>>
>>16673816
is wrong and likely drives a car from the 90

>>16673848
is right
>>
>>16673801
Yes and no. More electronic nannies and weight every year, but also more power and stronger drivelines every year.
>>
File: awkwarddoggo.jpg (50KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
awkwarddoggo.jpg
50KB, 640x634px
>>16673801
Nigger, they are pumping in fake engine noises through the stereo, everything is "by wire",
and now cars are fatter with less glass than Matt Farah in miata.

Wtf do you think?
>>
I don't like that cars are unironically being called 4 door coupes just because they have a fastback rear end
>>
>>16673801
>Are modern cars really as shit as /o/ says?
How should /o/ know? They can't afford anything built later than 1995
>>
>>16673803
came here to post this
>>
>>16673801
/o/ is generally right about the crash and environmental standards conspiring to arrest the progress of the 90s in light weight sports cars.
As for shit? Hyperbole.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.