[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

97 Corolla Trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: BF59837_28[1].jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BF59837_28[1].jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>Car has 231k miles on engine
>Got new battery in August
>Car doesn't start at all, no effort made by the car to turn and start. Key turns all the way and the engine makes no noise at all.

Help me out, /o/. What problems am I looking at, here?
>>
>>16672779
how mechanically inclined are you?
>>
>>16672779
dead battery
>>
Dead battery, alternator may be going.
>>
>>16672830
I'm kind of learning through some experience.

>>16672846
>>16672852
How long do batteries typically last? I only got this one a few months ago.
>>
>>16672879
if you have a bad alternator it might not be charging the battery.
>>
>>16672889>>16672879

the battery itself could be ok btw
>>
>>16672879
battery should last longer, have it tested wherever you bought it if you installed it, might get a new one for free.
>>
>>16672879
Do your lights turn on? If they do then your starter has committed sudoku
>>
>>16672889
How much does an alternator cost to replace?

>>16672896
Might do. Thanks.
>>
>>16672900
My lights do not turn on
>>
>>16672906
if you buy it and do it maybe 100-150
>>
>>16672917
Alright. I'll get this thing looked at by people who know more than me and I'll see if it's an alternator or if it's just the battery.
>>
>>16672900
2/10 m8.

>>16672917
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,1997,corolla

Under electrical. Its not difficult to repair your self if you want to give it a try.
>>
>>16672779
>Dead battery
Swap in a battery that works or charge your current one and try that. If it starts, run it for awhile and turn the fan on full blast, headlights, and radio. If the radio, headlights and fan start to go weak or go off completely, bad alternator.
>Starter
Install new battery that you know is good. If car still does nothing, bad starter. Bonus: turn the key to the first or second position, but don't start it. If the gauges move, the fuel pump makes its noise and the lights come on, bad starter.

If the battery is dead, take it back to where you bought it and have it tested. Like the other anons said, you could probably get a free replacement.
>>
>>16672947
Thanks
>>
>>16672954
Np
Forgot to mention, look up the belt diagram of your car and make sure the alternator belt is still there. When they break, the car behaves like the alternator has shit itself. Cheap fix, $20 and fairly easy to do yourself
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.