[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cars for long road trips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

I'm going to make 400 miles each weekend because I'm in the military and my new base is far from my home, and I want to return home each weeked. Which ones are good cars to travel 1600 miles per month? I want something sporty since I'm not going to go at the speed limit since there aren't lots of speed radar in the zone. My budget is 40k at maximun.

I'm thinking about buying a Mustang or something like a Camaro.

I also like Miatas or GT86/BRZs, but maybe they are too small for long trips?

Other alternatives would be 4wd or rwd sedans like the Subaru WRX or german sedans like BMWs or Audis. Or maybe the IS lexus?
>>
at 400 miles per weekend i would lease the most fuel economic car out there
>>
>>16672123
get a mr2 with a lp bodykit
>>
File: 2016-ford-mustang-6.jpg (108KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
2016-ford-mustang-6.jpg
108KB, 1600x1067px
>>16672133
Fuel economy is not such a big deal, I have good salary. I should buy a Diesel because here in Spain gas is more expensive, but I'm going to buy a gas can since I found them funnier to drive. Also they have less mechanical problems because diesel car have those shitty air filters to "protect" the ecosystem. I prefer to have a fun and fast car to drive rather than one with good fuel economy. Bonus points if the car is comfy to drive.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (12KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
12KB, 300x187px
And what about Miatas or Toyosubarus GT86? Are they comfy enough for long road trips?

>>16672168
>I'm going to buy a gas can

I'm going to buy a gas car*
>>
Are you an officer? Field grade? Give us your rank and branch, I'm curious. I'm not trying to ID you, I just wanna be an officer/serve too and it's nice to know that militarybux ain't a meme.
>>
>>16672123
Not sure about spain or gas prices there, but mustang or camaro is a good choice.

You can get a performance pack gt for under 40k.

PP comes with shocks, swaybars, brakes, wheels/tires, maybe more iirc, like real oil pressure gauges and 3.73:1 rear end. Also you can get warrantied power packs put on at a dealership, like intake/exhaust/tune.

With the 2018s direct injection and 12:1 CR, expect incredible numbers and torque, especially with long tubes, cats and mufflers removed, CAI/TB/Intake manifold and a good tune.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
9KB, 300x225px
>>16672286
I'm a Lieutenant from the "Jefatura de Tropas de Montaña Aragón". It's a mountain specialized unit. That's the reason for this thread since I need to go to Northern Spain from Madrid.
>>
File: IMG_0518.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This boat. It was a rental so V6 and 8 speed auto but man it's comfy as fuck and got 30mpg doing 75.

8/10 would drive across the country in
>>
>>16672375
this anon is right in getting a boat, but you want maximum comfy

>Body-on-Frame
>Spacious interior to store your belongings (and boot space as well)
>Big, powerful engine yet enough low end torque to get you around when you need to move

m8 I'd wager you get a crown vic
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (554KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
554KB, 2000x1000px
>>16672375
Here in Europoor the dodge Challenger Cost like double my budget of 40k because they only import the Hellcat version and you need to go to Germany to get it. Even if I import one from USA there are lots of burocratic problems and fees.

>>16672385
And I can't found any cheap crown vic here, I can only found these but they have lots of miles on it and they are expensive considering the large amount of miles.

http://www.milanuncios.com/coches-de-segunda-mano/ford-crown-victoria.htm
>>
>>16672327
Neat
Fähnrich Zentraler Sanitätsdienst here.
Basically field medic to be field doctor.

From my long trips I can recommend an Audi A6 with the 2l Turbo diesel automatic
Drove from Nothern Germany to southern Bavaria each weekend and back.
For those travels it was very good.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (10KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
10KB, 300x187px
>>16672479
Wow man, those are some long road trips!
I'm seeing that Audis are very good quality-price wise. I prefer to drive gasoline and manual but I have seen some good Audis A6 with these characteristics for a little bit more, 43k. I'm also considering buying an Audi A4, since they are much more cheaper and they have better quality-price because I'm not going to make as much kilometers as you.
>>
>>16672560
Yes I see.
Makes sence if you don't have to drive that long to get a petrol engine.
Maybe take a look at BMW 5-Series or Mercedes C-Class.
Those can be fun to drive to.
For the Audi A4 I had the B6 line as my first car. Solid sturdy car but I can say not as fun to drive. 2l 124 HP. Maybe take a look at the bigger engines or S tune.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.